Glorfindel Being Worried: Daydream #3

Story Type: One of my many daydreams

Who: Glorfindel x Oc (First person Pov)

Warning: Worry, Fear, emotion, fluff. 

~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'~'

My arm swept over the bed in my sleep and I woke from feeling the coolness. 

I sat up and looked around our room. The only light was a candle lit on the desk. Eerie shadows filled every corner and I could feel a cold draft. The night outside was still and I couldn't hear any birds or owls. I sat up on the edge of the bed and looked down at the bassinet. My son was asleep with his fist to his mouth. I put my hand under his bottom and felt that his diaper was dry. My husband must have taken care of him.  I stroked his soft, silvery hair before standing. His blue eyes blinked open so I picked him up and cradled him in my arms. At six months old he was a fairly large child. However, with his father being six and a half feet tall I wasn't surprised. 

"Glorfindel?" I asked in the darkness. No sounds could be heard from the other rooms of our quarters. I shifted Arahaelon in my arms so I could change into my dress. I draped my silver cloak over my shoulders and lifted my dark hair from under it. I stepped out of our chamber and into the main hall of the palace. We were very lucky, seeing as Father was King Turgon. Glorfindel and my father were good friends and he gave us our own space apart from everyone so that we could have our privacy and room for our children. 

The hall was lit with torches on the wall but aside from the night guards, there were no elves to be seen. I held my baby in my arms and approached one of the guards. 

"Thalion, have you seen my husband?" I asked.

Thalion nodded, "He left about an hour ago. Out the south door." 

I smiled, "Thank you."

After walking down another three halls I found the south door that lead onto the great, white, stone wall that surrounded Gondolin. The sky was clouded over but a faint light would be seen from the moon. I stepped out onto the top of the wall and looked out at the white city. A few lights could be seen where guards were stationed. Most houses were dark with the occasional candlelight. 

Farther down the wall I saw a figure in a black hood holding a sword. I held my head up and walked toward it.

The figure saw me and started to come towards me. He dropped his hood to reveal a head of golden hair. 

"Melleth, what are you doing out here?" He asks after kissing me. 

"I couldn't find you."

Glorfindel hugs me, "I wanted some air." I noticed he was holding his sword. 

"Is something wrong?" I nodded to it. 

He slipped it back into its scabbard, "No, Thank Iluvatar. You're going to freeze out here."

It was winter and the air was colder than usual but it did not bother me. Glorfindel brushed the material of my cloak aside and leaned down to kiss our son's head. 

"The girls are still asleep and I didn't want him to start crying and wake them up," I say. 

He pulled me into his side and wrapped the side of his cloak around me. I could sense the tension in him. After four decades of marriage, I could tell when he was bothered. 

"My love you are disturbed," I cup his face with my hand. 

He turns and looks out at the horizon, "I worry about you. You and our children. Darkness is ever growing and I fear what will happen if the city is breached."

"Do you think they will find us? Find Gondolin?" 

"I do not know. I pray against it constantly. Maybe Eru will put an extra blessing on us and strengthen our shield against the evil ones."

He leaned on the wall with his knuckles white, "If anything were to happen to you and our  babies I would never forgive myself." 

I handed him our son, "I worry yes, but I know that my husband will take the measures needed. His children know that as well." 

He held my face, "I would die before I let anything near you."

I remembered the last time he said that was our wedding night. We were lying on our bed when he pulled the blanket over us and swore he would protect me until the earth under us was gone.

I pulled his sword out from his scabbard. I pointed it at him. He knelt down and I held the blade in my hands, flat. 

"I present to you, Glorfindel, Captain of Gondolin. Thorondun, Eagle of the West." I placed it in his hands.

"I use this justly, and pledge myself to the Lady of Gondolin jewel of the white city. I will charge myself with her protection if she will have me." 

"I accept your offer Captain." 

He kissed my hand, "And if she will, accept my proposal of marriage?" 

I nodded, "My heart is yours, and unto the end of time will it be."

He stood and we kissed. I giggled. We just reenacted the day we got engaged. 

~Flash Back~

 Glorfindel was one of my father's soldiers who was being given a new position as Captain. On the day of the ceremony, I was to present him with the sword. The proposal of marriage was a surprise considering we'd only met a few times. I accepted, seeing as his heart was pure and true. My father sang his praises and blessed our marriage greatly. 

~End of flash back~

"You remember?" I asked.

Glorfindel nodded, "The day I was sure I was going to be killed. I was trying to stay on your father's good side and then I'm proposing marriage without having asked." 

"Ada loves you like a son. He thinks very highly of you."

My husband smirked, "He must. I married his daughter and gave her three children." 

I slapped him playfully. Arahaelon was awake now and squirmed in my arms. 

We walked back to our rooms. The girl's remained asleep in their room and I managed to nurse Arahaelon and get him back to sleep. 

Glorfindel pulled me to him as I was climbing back in bed. 

"I love you." He whispered. 

"I love you more."

Glorf: #Myfamily

A/n: OKAY IM SWOONING. I've always felt like Glorfindel had so much to offer but he never really go any of the spotlight.