𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊. the breaking in

chapter thirty, episode two
the breaking in.

               "D.S Umbrella." this is it." Diego pointed out as the quartet started walking over to the building that was dark and empty. five stopped walking making Bonnie stop with him since their hands were hooked on together. "you okay?"

penelope, diego and bonnie looked up and over at five who nodded his head keeping his face steady. "yeah, im fine. just..." five sighed deeply walking along with Bonnie to the front door.

diego took out his knife and kneeled done to pick it. "how longs it been since you've seen the old man?"

"forty-five years." he felt Bonnie squeeze his hand and lean her head on his shoulder comforting him.

"that's a trip."

"no kidding." five said sighing deeply keeping his nerves in check. he leaned himself against the wall pulling Bonnie against his chest. "you know, when i was stuck out there in the apocalypse, there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head."

"what was he saying?" Diego asked still trying to pick the lock of the door. "ah shit."

bonnie dropped her head to his chest and then wrapped her arms around his torso. five started fidgeting with her hand as he dropped his head back to the wall and let out a chuckle, "i told you so."

Diego let out a scoff glancing up at five, not bothering to pull them apart knowing that she gives him comfort and safety. "well, if dads here, he's never met you before, so he can't say "i told you so."

"I'm sure he'll find a way." five said looking back down at Diego who was giving up at this point. bonnie pulled her head away from his chest and five teleported them both inside of the building making Penelope groan loudly and Diego to drop his head down.

five unlocked the door and Diego cleared his throat standing up from the ground and looking over at penelope with a nod. "gotta remember that."

Penelope closed the door behind her quickly jogging up to the rest of the group that entered what seemed like a living room. bonnie let go of five's hand and turned on the light from a lamp but when she walked away the light turned back off.

"yeah thats not creepy at all." penelope said sarcastically.

"guess that wasn't much for home decor." Diego said frowning his eyebrows and looking around the area that now held no light. five then slapped his hand on the couch and then looked over at Diego.

"feels more like a font."

"a font for what?" asked Diego.

"I dont know." five breathed out still looking around the room suspiciously.

"well, penny and i will take the left. yell if you, uh — get in trouble." Diego pulled penelope by her hand over to the left leaning Bonnie and five alone in the room.

Bonnie pulled five through the right door. "wow." she whispered as the two walked side by side. five shoved his hands inside of his pockets while bonnie walked in front of him feeling claustrophobic with the halls that were so close together.

bonnie then ran over to the first door she saw and ignoring whatever five told her she opened it up. "oh hell naw, what the fuck." fives eyes widen and he jogged up to her and stopped right behind her.

there was a mannequin family. a dad, a mom, a son and a daughter. bonnie tilted her head to the side pulling a gross face and then turned over to look at five.

"I think we found Delores family." bonnie jokes smirking up at five who rolled his eyes and slammed the door pulling Bonnie with him down to the last door in the hallway. "it was a funny joke."

"it's a old and boring joke." five deadpanned opening up the door and Bonnie felt like she was inside of a scary movie. the same mannequin family was there but this time in a dinning area with a camera filming them.

five and bonnie separated in the room. five going over to the drawers while bonnie went over to the mannequin family. she frowned her eyebrows deeply as she put her hands in her knees and crouched down to the level of the mannequins.

"wow but in a insane way." Bonnie breathed out. then a loud metal clank rang through the room alerting bonnie and five. the two gave each other a look, five shoved something down his pants while bonnie backed away from the mannequins.

bonnie frowned her eyebrows walking towards the sound. "bonnie, careful." five whispered underneath his breath getting closer to bonnie and suddenly bonnie let out a "aw."

it was a baby chimpanzee or better yet, baby pogo. "aw, aren't you an adoptable little creature." bonnie coed. she crouched down to the floor sitting in her knees and pouting out her lips watching baby pogo walk carefully to them.

bonnie kept on giving baby pogo affirmations repeatedly and kept on whispering aw's underneath her breath. five watched in awe from behind her his eyes completely widen and as cliche as it sounds falling more in love with her.

pogo then reached his hand forward to bonnie, his other hand inside of his mouth. pogo put his hand on top of Bonnie's and kept on making noises. bonnie was beyond amazed on how trusting pogo was right now with Bonnie, a complete stranger for his time.

"hey, little baby. hey." pogo let out happy noises and jumped up and down in his spot making Bonnie giggle and look up at five who was smiling down at her. Bonnie frowned her eyebrows and her lips turned up, "what?"

five simply shook his head shrugging his shoulders, "nothing."

"can we keep him?" bonnie asked pouting out her lips as pogo kept on jumping up and down pulling Bonnie's hand with him. five chuckled lowly shaking his head at the teenager who whined looking back at pogo.

"im sorry buddy, you have to stay with the devil." bonnie whispered to pogo who stopped jumping up and down at made a sad noise. bonnie already knew that he understood her since she already saw him in the future. especially his lasts day.

then there was a loud shout giving pogo an alert and he quickly jumped in alarm and ran out through the window. bonnie sighed deeply standing up from the floor and looking over at five with a pout still on her face.

"that chimpanzee has a special place in my heart." bonnie said dramatically, putting a hand over her heart causing five to throw his head back with a laugh and then wrap his arm around her shoulder.

"let's go find diego and penelope."

authors note
new book cover by
@norasnetflix !!

authors note new book cover by @norasnetflix !!