𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊. the emergancy meeting

chapter thirty-five, episode five
the emergency meeting

               BONNIE was tired. she was laying on the practice mat, she was using her arms as a pillow and she curled herself up to feel less cold.

"get up, bonnie!" she heard her mother shouting at her slamming then door behind her. "eden and you are going to practice again."

eden crouched down to Bonnie's level and softly shook her awake and smiled softly at Bonnie when she opened her eyes and sat up from the floor.

"positions!" bonnie's mom shouted, her voice laced with irritation. eden quickly stood up holding a hand out to Bonnie who smiled at her and took it standing up as well.

"hey, when we're going let's go get ice cream." eden whispered to bonnie who nodded her head and jogged over to the blue "x" that was on the far end of the room, eden going to the other red "x" that was located on the other side of the room.

"shield!" shouted helen.

bonnie obeyed putting up her shield and getting into her fighting position.

"ready!" helen looked over at eden who sighed deeply but nodded her head twirling the daggers around her fingers, "go!"

eden threw a dagger at bonnie who blocked it with her shield but it went straight through her shield. that's what they were working on, projecting the actual protecting of the shield and not just putting it up, something that bonnie had to learn.

helen started shouting nothing but mean words to Bonnie and eden since for her those were words of encouragement but for eden and bonnie it was just more added pressure.

it went up to the point where bonnie started feeling overwhelmed and stressed whenever her mother would shout to her to actually do better and it made eden feel anxious knowing that all the pressure was on them. despite them being only 14 years old.

"do better! don't be pathetic, bonnie! put effort! do it!"

Bonnie's breath quicken as she starting to shake her head and tears whelming up inside of her eyes. she couldn't do it, she just couldn't. when eden threw her last dagger bonnie dropped herself to the floor and curling herself up.

all she heard was a excited gasp and then something falling to the ground. bonnie frowned her eyebrows and lifting her head up the floor, her eyes landed on eden who was on the floor.

"eden!" bonnie cried out, dropping her shield and quickly going over to eden who was hissing in pain and bringing her shaky hand up to the dagger that was right between her chest. "No, no, I'm sorry, I'm sorry eden, eden please!"

eden smiled up at the fourteen year old bonnie who cried out for help but no one was coming. not even her mother who was only a few feet away from them. "bonnie."

"eden please stay with me, I-I can't — please, eden!" bonnie shouted putting her hands on Eden's shoulders and then down to her head putting her head on her lap. "dad can fix you, he can-he can, he's a doctor. eden, no."

"im so proud of you, bonnie." eden whispering shakily and weakly bringing her hand up to Bonnie's cheek, rubbing it. bonnie chocked out a sob shaking her head as she leaned against the palm of her hand.

"eden, please." bonnie sobbed dropping her head down to Eden's stomach. they were only fourteen years old, they had a whole life ahead of them, she could die just yet. not now, not ever.