𝒙𝒍. the truth comes out

tw - bonnie and five brutally murdering people.

chapter thirty-nine, episode six & seven
the truth comes out.

               "WHY did five say that you had powers." Diego said after giving something to Grace who was inside of the car. he pulled penelope aside and he didn't want Bonnie there so she stayed on the steps waiting for five to finish talking with Reginald.

"he was just saying that to not make your dad suspect of me." penelope laughed nervously crossing her arms over her chest but Diego was glaring down at her not buying her bullshit.

"cut the shit, penelope. he even said not yet when reginald asked for you to show him your power. the fuck does that mean?" Diego snarled demanding for answers from the women who he thought he knew. "No more lies."

"im not lying, diego." penelope whispering to him looking over at Bonnie who was playing with rocks throwing it as far as she can. "let's not do this here."

"no, no, no, let's. what aren't you telling us? me." diego asked his eyes locking directly with penelope who knew that she couldn't hide her secrets anymore, that they were finally catching up to her. "you can trust me, penelope."

"not with that tone." penelope snapped back moving anxiously in her spot. her hand went back down to her wrist that she has been fidgeting with all night, nonstop.

diego noticed this and this time he didn't let it go past him. he reached down to her wrist and she gasped when he pulled down her sleeve. his eyes widen when the he pulled down the sleeve. she had a deep cut that most likely would kill anyone on her wrist. diego frowned his eyebrows deeply when the noticed that the edges of the cut were slowly healing itself.

"penelope, explain." diego demanded pulling the sleeve back on her wrist but still holding it around his hand.

"okay," penelope exhaled deeply and tilted her head side to side, "there's a lot of things you hargreeves family don't know about me. bonnie and sebastian don't know as well because I've hidden them for all of my adult life."

"go straight with it."

"im not a normal women, diego." penelope whispering softly to diego who still held a cold stone glare at penelope, "my birthday is october 1st, 1989. my mother was murdered by this women who adopted me, saying that she was pure evil and that she was going to take care of me. as one of her own. unlike you, i wasn't adopted by reginald hargreeves the year of 1989."

"what?" Diego breathed out not being able to wrap his head around what penelope just told him. sure he was the one who demanded the truth but he wasn't expecting this. he doesn't know what he was expecting but it sure wasn't this. "but you don't have powers."

"no, i do. they're just useless." penelope said shrugging her shoulders and chuckling awkwardly. she pulled up the sleeve to show back her wrist, "im a healer but apparently they're not working that much right now. that's why this isn't healed properly and why i wasn't able to heal my son faster than i anticipated."

"how did five found out?" Diego asked his face still concentrating on Penelope.

"i dont know. he just did." penelope lied smoothly shrugging her shoulders. she wasn't ready to tell her about her past, she already told him the biggest part. penelope didn't want to add on to more of the confusion to the man.

"oh god, penny." Diego breathed out dropping her hand and then wrapping his arms around penelope who was glad that he wasn't asking anymore questions. she wasn't ready just yet.