Part 21- Punjab ke Khet

The wedding week was here, The first four days were to be spent in her Pind for pre-wedding functions and Sikh wedding. Sana in her last few years build a big Haveli in her pind for all her family to stay together. She also renovated her old home and Daadi's place. After her success, their family had become one of the most influential family in the region. Their village was specially taken care of by the MLA and MPs. The officials were informed about the wedding and required security arrangements were put in place.

All the family arrived at Chandigarh airport with Sana carrying her eight big suitcases. Sid was amused at the amount of luggage Shehnaaz carried. But Sana was still worried if she missed something. She had packed her attires, shoes, jewelry, makeup and what not, along with designer dresses for her entire family. After 4 hour of road journey, they finally reached her village. Sid had been here once, but due to his increased popularity it was difficult for him to visit her village. Sid and his family were staying in big haveli whereas Sana and her family were staying in her old home. All the functions will be held in new haveli so Sid and Sana could meet each other only during the functions.

Sid: Itna bada ghar hai. Sab reh sakte hai. Alag alag kyu rehna. It would be easy if everyone stays together.

Baaz: Sidharth, humne pata hai kiske liye kya easy ho jayega. Humare dadde ko pata chala na tera plan to chadi se marenge tujhe.

Sid blushed as he was caught, but then he did not understand why they were adamant that bride and groom should stay separately.  

Sana: Its ok kullu...Sirf 3 din ki baad hai. Uske baad to saath hi rehna hai.

Sid: I know baby. But aaj kal tu kuch jyada hi aachi lagne lag gayi hai mujhe. I miss you even when you are in next room abhi to doosre ghar hi le jaa rahe hai. Its gonna be 3 loooooong days.

Sana chuckled when she saw him pulling his own hair in frustration. She and her family moved to old home after ensuring Sid's family was well settled. Today there were no functions as everyone was tired after travel. Only family dinner was planned in evening to let everyone meet and greet each other. Both the Khandaan were ready and reached the big Haveli in evening. Sid wore simple kurta with denims as he did not want to come across as a big celebrity from Mumbai. He wanted to look like he is part of her Family. 

But when her family came, they were all dressed up in pretty Indian wear. Sid looked at Sana who was looking breathtaking in her peach long kurta. But as soon as his eyes moved up to her face he sensed she was glaring at him with annoyance. Sid tried to save himself and started welcoming her family and greeting everyone when he felt a sudden force; he saw Sana was pulling him to a corner where no one could hear their conversations. She looked so cute even when she was angry, Sid just smiled looking at her. Sana asked in frustrated voice 'Yeh kya pehna hai? Tu dulha hai ya sharbat serve karne bulaya hai?'. Sid chuckled at her humor but Sana was not joking, she simply looked at him with her hands folded on her chest. 'Woh baby, aaj sirf dinner tha to simple pehna. Kal se dekhna Supermodel lagunga' Sid tried to justify. 'Tu waise bhi hamesha model hi lagta hai, apne handsome hone ka fayda mat utha. Tere liye har occasion ke  kapde arrange kiye the. Jaisa set hai waisa pehn, samjha.' She walked away after pushing him to his room. 

Everyone in her family looked at her with puzzled expression 'Sana, Sidhaarth kitthe?'. 'Arey woh abhi so kar utha tha, uske ready hone se pehle hi hum log aa gaye to maine bola usko awkward naa feel kar, jaa ke ready ho jaa. Hum log kaun sa abhi jaa rahe' She tried to cover-up for him. Finally, Sid came wearing a white kurta with silver work, he kept his buttons opened allowing view of his well build chest. Sana's sister were going gaga over their smoking hot Jiju. 'Kurta theek kar, apna mole mat dikha' complains Sana. 'Baby what do you want, jab main simple rehta hu to tu gussa hoti hai, abhi main ready hu to bhi tu gussa hai' he replied teasing her. 'Tu bas mere liye ready hua kar. Baaki inn nalayak behno ko to main dekh lungi'. 'Baby main tere liye dress up nahi hota hu, undress hota hu' whispered Sid in her ear making her blush profusely. 

Baaz: Sidharth aaja main tujhe sabse milwata hu. Baaz pulled him to introduce him to everyone in the family. Soon, everyone was comfortable; Sid was finding it fascinating how groom and bride side were supposed to pull each other legs. Sid's family was failing miserably, with only few appreciable attempts by his brother-in-law while his mother and sisters were simply laughing and enjoying the comments made by bride's side.

Parminder Maa (Sana Maa:SM): Sorry, humare yaha aise hi hota hai shaadi mein. Aapke liye thoda azeeb hoga

Rita Maa: Arey nahi. Humne to bahut aacha lag raha hai, aapki saari family itni aachi hai, sab fun hai. Saare bache kitna enjoy kar rahe.

Neetu Di: Arey aunty aap pareshan mat ho. Hum Sana ke saath rehte rehte aap sab ki tarah fun ho gaye hai...we are no more 'Boring people'. 

The dinner was over and now the families were chatting with each other. Baaz asked Sid and his brother-in-law to join them on the rooftop. The rooftop had few khatiya lying around a big table on the side with alcohol. 'Chal Sidharth, ab asli party karte hai' Baaz says. 'Baaki sab log kahan hai' he asked a general question but Baaz understood who he was talking about. 'Bhai, woh log apna program kar rahe hai. Unko chadti hai tab azeeb azeeb batein karte hai ki apni utar jaati hai'. Sid chuckled at Baaz's response as he was right, Sana always blabbered about her makeup when every she was intoxicated. 

Parmeet (Sana's Cousin): Sid, aap kal savere jaldi ready ho jana. Aapko punjab ke khet ghumayenge. Aapko pata hai aapki biwi, din bhar humare saath khet mein khlti thi phir tubewell mein naha ke ghar aati thi ki chachi ko pata naa chal jaye. 

Baaz: Ek din ganne (sugarcane) chura ke bhagi thi khet se. Maine jab mummy ko bola to usne unhi ganno se mujhe bahut maara tha. Bahut kutti hai.

Sid quietly listened to their childhood anecdotes and paid special attention when ever her baby was mentioned. It was around 1:30 in the night and everyone was now dozing off. Sid took this opportunity and slipped to the room where girls were partying. He saw Sana sleeping on a couch. He picked her up and moved out of the room, Sana flinched to the sudden touch but identified the warm feel. 'Kya kar raha hai bebu?'she said softly nuzzling her head in his chest. 'Chal thoda bahar ghumte hai, sir bhari ho raha drink se' Sid said. 

They both were roaming in the sugarcane field while holding hands. The village was so different than Mumbai. It was so quite at night, all Sid could hear were sounds of insect and only light was of moon. It felt as if there were only two souls in the entire world; him and his Naaz. He pulled her towards himself by her waist and nuzzled his nose in crook of her neck. 'Its so peaceful here, idhar hi nahi ruk sakte hum?'. Sana was amused by his request. She looked around and saw a strawbed. 'uspe soyega? comfortable nahi hoga, shayad chubhe'. Sid smiled and said 'Jaisa desh waisa bhesh'. 

They both lied on the strawbed. Yes it was not comfortable but it was a lot more peaceful with Sana resting on her arms. Sid whispered to her 'I have never tried 'IT' under an open sky', Sana widened her eye 'Pagal ho gaya hai, pind hai ye mera'. But Shukla ji pagal to ho gaye the, he gave a naughty grin and picked her up and took her in middle of the field where they were surrounded (or covered😜) by crops. Afterall, life mein pagalpanti bhi jaroori hai.