Part 24 - Anand Karaj

Everyone was back from Sangeet and retired to their beds as they were all very tired after the function. But the sleep was from Sid, he was marrying Shehnaaz tomorrow. He was never against marriage but he never thought it was important. He had seen successful marriages of his parent's and sister's but he always thought he is incapable to have a successful himself not that he was bad or anything. It was just that he was never able to surrender himself to anyone, never wanted to change for anyone. But it was so different with Sana, he didn't know why it was so different, he just knew he never felt so loved, so comfortable, so himself with anyone before.   

He was lost in his thought when he heard a knock, he looked at the door and saw Rita Maa smiling at him. 'Mummy, aap itni der tak jag rahe ho? Soye kyu nahi?' He asked with concern. 'Sone hi jaa rahi thi, socha tujhse baat karti chalu' replied Rita Maa with love and sat next to him. Sid: Bolo Maa, kuch important baat hai naa

Rita Maa: Important hai because you will start a new journey from tomorrow. Its not like ki tujhe pata nahi hai but as Maa yeh mera farz hai ki main tujhe samjhau

Sid: Maa aise monologue mat do. Darr lag raha hai. 

Rita Maa pulled him in a hug: Tu mera aacha bachha hai. Sabse chota and sabse shaitan but kal se ye khatm. kal se mere paas tujhse choti ek aur bachchi hogi jo tujhse bhi jyada shaitan hai.

Sid smiled, in BB house he always felt he was protective about Sana but when he saw his mom with Sana he realized she is a lot more protective towards Sana.

Rita Maa: Kal teri shaadi hai and now you will become husband and wife in front of God so you can't go back now.

Sid whinned: Main kab peeche hat raha tha. Kaisi baat kar rahi ho

Rita Maa: I know beta. You love her, you want to protect her. All I want to tell you is that our society has weird norms for husband and wife, don't let those norms be more important than your happiness. Do not let society decide how or what you both should for each other. In my marriage I learnt a few things kuch jo tere papa ne mere liye kiya aur kuch jo main chahti thi tere papa karein. Pehla, tu usse protect karta hai, but you do it for your selfishness, you want to shield her from sadness because you will be hurt to see her hurt. Not because she is incapable of handling difficult situation, she is a lot stronger than you emotionally. so kabhi yeh eham mat rakhna ki tu usse sambhalta hai. 

Second, jab woh bahut successful ho jayegi, ab se bhi jyada, coz I know she will reach the stars, you will always support her. Kabhi ghabrana nahi,darna nahi uski success dekh kar. Only strong men can stand with strong women. and you my son are very strong. Third and the most important one, I want to be a dadi soon and I know you want to be father too but its her body and it should be her decision when she wants have a family. Never make her feel that its her job to be a mother, It should always be her wish to be a mother. And I never thanked you for bring her to our life. Agar tu nahi hota to shayad main kabhi bhi itni aachi insaan se nahi mil paati let alone be her maa.

Sid hugged her Mom and wiped her tears:  Arey Maa, aap itne senti kyu ho rahe ho. Aur agar main kabhi bhi usko pareshan karunga to rakh dena do kaan ke neeche. Ab jao so jao, itna bhi bura nahi hu aur naa hi woh itni acchi hai.

Rita Maa smiled: Tum dono hi bahut aache ho aur aache se rehna saath mein. Aur try karna jhagda kam karo aur mujhe kam padtna pade tumhare matter mein. Samjha!!

***I am ignorant of Sikh rituals; I have only attended a few Sikh weddings. So please forgive if there is any incorrect detail 

This morning was different; The sun was bright, wind was cool and air was fresh, it felt even god was celebrating SIDNAAZ's union. Both the families were ready and went to Gurudwara for Anand Karaj. SIDNAAZ were wearing pastel cream and pink attires. The gurudwara was decorated with white and pink flowers making it look like a pic from movie. (imagine something like this)

Soon the Ardas began and Sidharth was fully engrossed in all the rituals, Sana was not interested but acted as if she was listening to everything, but this facade was broken when her yawn escaped

Soon the Ardas began and Sidharth was fully engrossed in all the rituals, Sana was not interested but acted as if she was listening to everything, but this facade was broken when her yawn escaped. Siddharth immediately nuzzled his elbow in her stomach and whispered 'Apni shaadi hai gadhi, So mat'. Sana was about to retaliate but stopped as she realized that everyone was watching them. The couple were asked to stand for laavan pheras, Sidharth unaware of the customs was continuing after fourth phera when someone from family teased 'Sid Beta, agle janm ka abhi se phera nahi lena. Agle mein phir se shaadi kar lena'. Sidharth quickly said sorry for his innocent mistake but Sana was chuckling enjoying Sid's embarrassed face. The ceremony ended after sometime and everyone moved for Lunch. 

Sana and Sidharth stayed back with few Sid's family members as Sana's were busy attending guests.

Aditya (Sid's Cousin): Finally, Sidharth Shukla is taken!!!

Preeti Di: No you should say....Sana has finally accepted Sid. Ye to kabse ready tha to be taken

Aditya: I have heard he was whipped but never saw it before this wedding. He was a hutch puppy, hamesha peeche peeche dikhte the.

Sid: Sahi hai..sahi hai, abhi meri biwi hai; Now its my choice ki main isko dekhu ya na dekhu. 

Neetu: Sid the choices are wrong...tu dekh ya bahut jyada dekh...nahi dekhna is not an option. We know kya hota hai tera haal naa dekh kar so don't act smart.

Sid blushed hard: My cute sister, even with my eyes closed, I only see her. Waise Moti, teri family ke saath rehte rehte meri family leg pulling mein trained ho gayi hai bey..

Sana: Sidharth, tu college flirting ki training ke liye gaya tha?

Sid: No Baby, tujhe dekh kar flirt apne aap nikal aata hai. After all my wife is so gorgeous.😍

Neetu: Whipped Siddharth Shukla is back in the house

Everyone laughed and continued teasing but it was true Sid was head over heals for Shehnaaz, he falls in love with her everyday. He was usually friendly with everyone but hardly allowed people to enter his inner circle, but he was amazed how easily she broke his walls and entered his heart as if she was always there. He remembered how shocked he was when he realized how quickly and how hard he fell for her. People understood their feelings and gave them their privacy. 

Sid: Mrs. Shehnaaz Sidharth Shukla, you really the most beautiful women on this earth. And main yeh sirf tareef karne ke liye nahi keh raha hu I really have never seen any one prettier than you.

Sana smiled at him: You too Mr. Sidharth Shehnaaz Gill are the most handsome cum hot man on this earth. 

Sid: I love you. Can I now kiss my bride?  

Sana: I love you more.

And they kissed to complete their union. Mr. and Mrs. SIDNAAZ.