Part 22: Shubh Mangal Savadhan

Shehnaaz woke up even before the sunrise as straw bed was not very comfortable. She looked at Sidharth who was lying next to her only in his lower while she donned his kurti from last night. A sudden realization made her panic and she shook Sidharth in her attempt to wake him up. While he was oblivion of his surrounding, pulled her in and nuzzled his nose on her cheek 'Sone de na baby. Kyun subah itna tesion le rahi hai'. Sana shouted at him 'Kutte dekh kidhar hai, chal ghar chal. Warna sabko pata chal jayega'. Sid was wide awake when he remembered that they were not his room. Even in this dire situation, Sid took his time to appreciate the beauty in front of him. They got dressed and Sid dropped her and then returned back to haveli.

Sana was easily able to sneak back as everyone in the home was still sleeping. But when Sidharth tried to enter Haveli, he was welcomed by his sister and brother-in-law who were going for morning walk. 'Sid?? Tu kahan se aa raha hai?' his brother-in-law blurted in shock whereas his sister smiled. 'Woh Jija ji, morning walk se laut raha' he came up with silliest excuse. 'Kya Arvind, kaisa question poch rahe; dekh nahi rahe Sid kal ka kurta pehen ke walk pe gaya tha woh bhi ulta' his sis teased him. He facepalmed himself and went back to his room before others caught him. He messaged Baaz for postponing the morning plan to visit farms as he had already seen quite a lot.

Today was Haldi day and engagement party in evening. Sana woke up late after last night adventure. Her mom was already angry at her for being late, she quickly took a shower and dressed in her yellow lehnga with minimal makeup. Sid on the other hand was not able to sleep due to excitement. He too got ready in his yellow kurta. 

The entire haveli was decorated with marigold and sunflowers. The garden had colorful canopies for the function. The decoration was vivid with multicolor hangings and flowers. There was a small swing in the center for bride and groom. 

It was not that she never wore an attire this pretty but the bridal glow made her look like  sunshine, 'HIS SUNSHINE'

It was not that she never wore an attire this pretty but the bridal glow made her look like  sunshine, 'HIS SUNSHINE'. After seeing Sana, Sid was prepared to be in heaven for next few days, his bride looked like an angel. 

Sid: Hey Sunshine, you are looking gorgeous.

Sana: Tu bhi to kitna good looking lag raha hai. Handsomest :) 

Sid smiled at her, she never used too many words to express herself, she always had the shortest comments. Everyone admired the couple, on how good they looked together. Soon the ceremony started. Pandit Ji started with some prayer with brides side; post which everyone started applying Haldi on the face and hand of Sana. While Sid chatted with her cousins. Once Haldi was done for Sana, Sid was called for pooja and his Haldi ceremony. 

Baaz and his cousins had planned to play prank on their beloved JIJA JI. They mixed bleach with haldi paste. Unknown of the fact everyone started applying haldi to Sid's Face. Soon everyone was done when Baaz came and said 'Jija ji, humse bhi lagwa lijiye'. He smudged the entire face with haldi mix, making the entire sibling gang laugh. Everyone danced to the folk songs that women sang and dhol beats. The ceremony ended after lunch and people were ready to go back. They were bidding goodbyes to each other.

Sidharth took opportunity of distraction and pulled Shehnaaz to a corner; 'Baby, maine to lagai hi nahi haldi' he smirked. He started applying her haldi sensuously over her face, neck and bare waist, her breathing hitched. But before they could go on their romantic expedition, they were brought back to reality by a loud voice, 'Sana, kidhar hai puttar, chal shaam ke liye ready bhi hona hai'. She came out of Sid's hold and started going back but not before giving him a quick peck.

Sid came out of bath looking two shades lighter, thanks to the prank played by Baaz. Everyone was teasing him for glowing due to 'Sasural ki Haldi'. On the otherside, there was loud scream from Sana's room; everyone ran towards her room to find shocked Sana looking at herself in mirror. She had white patches on her face and neck, also there was a streak of hair in front which turned grey making her look like rouge from X-Men. Everyone was laughing looking at her, when her mom spoke 'ye kaise hua puttar. Hayee, ab kya karenge shaam ko engagement hai?'. Now Sana was panicking, unable to think how to rectify the problem. Baaz on the other hand was sheepishly looking at other partners-in-crime. 

Sana was crying hysterically when Baaz came to her and asked in concern 'Ye tujhe baad mein kisne haldi lagayi thi?'. Sana realised it must be due to haldi applied by Sid. How can Sid do this right before their wedding? But how does Baaz know about it? Did they plan it together? she had so many questions. Sana twisted Baaz's ear and asked angrily 'Kutte, yeh tera kaam hai naa'.

Baaz: Nahi Motto, maine kuch nahi kiya. Maine to sirf sidharth ki haldi mein milaya tha. Chota sa prank tha bas.

Sana: Hayee kutte, usko bhi tune chitkabra bana diya. Amma, ab ye theek kaise hoga

Luckily, beautician came and suggested few solutions also makeup artist assured her that anything and everything will covered under makeup.

In the evening, Sana was ready and as promised by makeup artist she was looking flawless. Sana was ready in her royal blue lehnga and Sidharth was twining in his blue suit. 

Sid: Baby, tu itna kyu ro rahi thi call pe. Itni to acchi lag rahi hai.

Sana: Dekha main hamesha kehti thi, make-up bhagwan hai. Tu hi mujhe seriously nahi leta tha. Aaj ussi ne bacha liya. But tera to changa ho gaya, sona lagne laga tu.

Sid chuckled at her new found bhagwan. The couple exchanged rings and the hall echoed with claps and cheers. The evening was filled with music, laughter, dance and leg pulling between both families. But the evening highlight was Baaz & company's punishment for the prank that they played. They were made to sit in 'Murga' position and then dance on chicken song. And all this was being streamed on Baaz's live. This live garnered Baaz'z maximum views so far.

As Sid said DON'T MESS WITH THE BEST.