3: Melon

"You received another box of fruits, this is expensive." Momo says after carrying the heavy box from the lobby, removing the cover and examining the fruits one at a time. "It has a card this time. Sylvia Chou? Do you know any Sylvia Chou?"

This is the third consecutive day that Sana has received fruits from the mystery person. It didn't have a card in the first two boxes so she just shared them with her officemates and didn't bring them home.

"I don't know any Sylvia." Sana answers, not paying attention to her friend. She's busy looking at the designs before she sends them to Jihyo and leaves to visit two sites today.

"Sounds like a mom's name." Momo examines the card. "Well then I'll bring them home."

"Put that down." She glares at Momo. "Have you seen my hard hat? I think I forgot it somewhere."

"Have you checked your car? You visited Wonder Hill last week."

"Right. I should do that."

"Are you going there today?"

Wonder Hill hotel is one of their ongoing projects. She and Tzuyu started the project while they were still friends. They would visit the project together every week. They would leave the house at 6:30 am, and go to a drive thru to buy coffee. Then Tzuyu would feed her while she drove. Good old times.

"Oh shit. I forgot my jacket. Is it okay—"

"It's already in the backseat. I saw it on the couch."

Tzuyu always makes sure to check their things before they leave, Sana usually forgot everything. Car keys, wallet, tumbler, jacket, extra shirt, boots, hard hat, scarf, and list of things she's forgotten goes on.

"Aww. Thank you, Tzuyu-yah." She smiles and pouts. "What would I do without you?"

"Nothing."

Sana laughs. "Come here."

"What? Focus on driving."

"But I want to hug you."

"Shut up." Tzuyu gave her a disgusted look.

Sana sighs deeply for the painful memory. Losing a friend is more painful than losing a boyfriend. She broke up with her boyfriend a week after Tzuyu left her house. She blamed him, if they didn't go to that impromptu vacation, she would be there when Tzuyu left, or maybe Tzuyu wouldn't have left.

"I am."

"Alone?"

"Yeah."

Alone. Alone at home, alone in the office. Missing Tzuyu is heavier today. The engineer is avoiding her to the extent that she didn't attend their meeting. Tzuyu doesn't express her anger like normal people. She would ignore you like you don't exist.

"Have you talked to Tzuyu?"

"No. She would never talk to me again."

"Why did you even do it? What if she's in a serious relationship with that woman and you pretended to be her girlfriend?"

"You told me it could be a blind date."

Momo and Mina didn't leave the scene right away. They saw how the secretary left and how agitated Tzuyu was.

"Yes, it could be, but it could also be something else. They could be in a serious relationship already."

A serious relationship?

That sounds weird. Tzuyu in a serious relationship?

Then she begins imagining things. Tzuyu and someone hugging and kissing each—she shakes her head.