26: Mina

"Where is that apartment?" Chaeyoung happily checked the numbers on the doors. "I would kill her if she gave me the wrong address." She's bouncing on her feet while expecting to see the number plastered on one of the doors in the building. Finally she had the courage to show up and see Mina.

She gathered all the strength she needed to show up in Mina's apartment after Sana gave her the address. She contemplated a lot, practiced her speech and imagined the reaction that Mina would have.

But since when did she trust Sana? That's a very good question.

She forgot to buy anything for Mina. No flowers, no fruits, no food, no vitamins, just her amazing self. But that doesn't mean she didn't spend on the unannounced visit because she had to bribe the guard. Goodbye $200.

"Really?" She shakes her head after seeing the number on the door again. "Am I on the wrong floor?" Getting impatient she breathed deep, calming her eager self. "You will find it." She encouraged herself. "I'm sure I will." Then she answered herself.

She looked around relentlessly with her small feet getting sore. With every wrong turn she would scratch her head and sigh but her excitement never faltered, hoping the next door will open by the woman she's eager to see.

"Why is it so hard to find you?" She asked after failing to see the numbers on 5 consecutive doors.

Her next turn made her world collapse in an instant. Her excitement vanished, her body cold.

She's known her best friend long enough it would be embarrassing if she mistakenly took her for another person. So she knew, that tall girl who's hugging another girl, right outside the door of an apartment unit, is her best friend.

She ran and hid as if she's the one who hugged someone else while in a relationship. She held her chest while she processed the image in her head.

"Tzuyu and Mina.." she muttered in disbelief. "How is that possible?"

That moment a song by Olivia Rodrigo played while her heart breaks in the background.

🎵 You betrayed me, and I know that you'll never feel sorry, for the way I hurt

Her back against the wall as tears escaped her eyes. She felt cold, her head spinning, there were so many questions she wanted answers for. How could Tzuyu get the girl she likes since she was hired by the company? How could Tzuyu hug the girl of her dreams? They were best friends, Tzuyu knew how she liked Mina, she knew how crazy she was for her.

She wiped her tears with the back of her hand. How could Tzuyu betray her?

🎵 You talked to her when we were together. Loved you at your worst but that didn't matter

It's a cold morning. People are wearing scarves and long coats. Some order hot coffee before they go to work, some have iced americano. The temperature unexpectedly drops and now people have to adapt to a cold temperature.

Somewhere in one of the buildings in the city, a heated meeting is happening that could melt permafrost in Antarctica.

The blinds are still closed, the room is warmer than the temperature outside. Four engineers around the meeting table. The meeting room feels so small and cramped for Elkie and Jeongyeon. The huge table with 12 seats is not enough for the intense aura coming off the small engineer.

How dare she cheat on Sana after confessing she loves her?! Chaeyoung thought to herself. She thinks she's being discreet but she's been very expressive through her facial expression. Her face contorts in disgust, annoyance, anger and hunger since she missed breakfast, not once but all weekend, because she's too heartbroken to eat.