11: Team Building

Sana: I'm hungry.

Tzuyu: We just left. I put biscuits in your bag.

Sana: I want donuts and coffee.

Tzuyu: Well, you can't have them.

Sana: :(

Tzuyu: I will ask Nayeon if we can stop to buy food.

Sana: Thank you! :)

Tzuyu: Where did you put my earphones?

Sana: Ugly bag. Main pocket.

Tzuyu left her message on read. She grins.

Tzuyu hasn't fully moved in in her apartment but some of her clothes are already there. The engineer has been driving back and forth on one of their projects, 2-3 hours away from their company. Her presence is needed there for the whole month.

"Who are you texting?" Momo asks, who's occupying the seat beside her.

She quickly hides her phone between her palms. "No one."

They are going to a hotel resort for their team building. Jihyo, being true to her words, assigned both Tzuyu and her in different buses. Also, Elkie is in her bus while Mark is in Tzuyu's.

Though the real winner of the seat plan is Chaeyoung, since Mina would sit beside her. The look on her face after she found out was hilarious.

And she thanked her old neighbor, Jihyo, for doing it.

"Do you think Dahyun is alive?" Momo whispers in her ear. Looking at the seat across them.

She's sitting on the aisle while Momo takes the seat next to the window. On her right is Dahyun, sleeping and breaking her neck.

"I have no idea."

"She always looks tired."

"What is she even doing?" Sana asks her friend.

Momo moves closer, and lowers her voice when she whispers. "She told me she works at night."

Surprised cross her face. She turns to Momo and asks, "What?"

"She works at night." Momo shrugs. "I don't know what kind of work but it seems like she does it everyday."

"Does she need that much money?"

"Who doesn't?"

"I mean, she's single, right? And the salary is more than enough for herself."

"You're too focused on Tzuyu." Momo shakes her head. "She's supporting her family. Her father lost his job and her brother can't find a decent job."

"I didn't know..."

"Why don't you share your apartment with her? You're alone there anyway."

She instantly panics. She hasn't told anyone that Tzuyu is back in her apartment.

"Uh—"

"Nevermind. I don't think it's right to decide it myself. But you should suggest it. I can share my food with her."

"Uh—sure. We'll see."

Shit.

"She might feel embarrassed if we do it. Let's just tell her she can always ask us for her if she needs it." Momo suggests a very unusual idea because it makes sense.

The three of them went to the same university, though Dahyun is their junior they had known each other since they were in the same college. Kim Dahyun was pretty famous because of her designs in yearly exhibits. Sana was always in the top 10 ranking of their college, people admire her for her intelligence and beauty. And Momo was known to be her best friend and the first ever female student to win the hotdog eating contest in the university.