15: Baggage and Luggage

She feels so drained after dealing with Momo and her breakdown every 5 minutes because of Nayeon. Her colleague had blamed her for being oblivious of Tzuyu's relationship with Nayeon.

How could you not know that they are cousins? Nayeon is friends with Jihyo!

Why does it matter? She doesn't know everyone and Tzuyu tells her story without naming people.

Like.. remember my college friend? The jobless?

Or..

My horse rider cousin.

Sometimes..

The one that spent $3000 on a mobile game.

And so on. While Jihyo has a lot of friends, she doesn't try to remember all of them. Why would she need to?

"How's Tzuyu?"

Finally, she would be more worried if her mother wouldn't ask about Tzuyu at all. After eating in peace in a high end restaurant that her mother chose for 10 minutes, her true intention in inviting her into a dinner has shown.

"She's okay." She answers timidly. "She's recovering."  She hopes.

"Did your company fire the person?"

"Of course. He is in jail." She says before gently wiping her mouth. "I thought you're not gonna ask about her. I'm starting to get suspicious."

"Whose fault was it? I don't think Tzuyu would provoke him."

She had the same thought. It's Tzuyu, the woman that doesn't express anger, the same woman who can't say no to her neighbor, the woman who cherishes her mother dearly.

But it happened. The President had talked to John and Tzuyu separately and found out that it's Tzuyu's fault. The engineer did not deny nor lie that she insulted John in public, meaning workers heard and saw them.

John was humiliated, he was the supervisor and so much older than Tzuyu, he deserved to be treated with respect according to himself.

Then Tzuyu told her side of the story. John knew that the President was her uncle, he was nice. Until the timekeeper told her that John had photos of the pretty architect that he took secretly. That's when she started humiliating him, making sure workers would hear them.

Tzuyu didn't confront him, instead she plotted a childish plan to steal his phone and laptop. She wanted to make sure if it was real. She asked the timekeeper to steal or else he would lose his job for making up stories.

Then all hell broke loose. It was real. The pictures were real.

The humiliation had worsened after the engineer saw the pictures. Tzuyu would hit his head with a meter stick, she would call him to work during lunch break, she would ask him to buy her food, and things that were not part of his job.

John hit back after Tzuyu hit him in the face with a metal pipe. It wasn't a hard hit but the man had enough. His phone and laptop were missing, and the engineer younger than him had been treating him like shit.

"John had pictures of me on his phone. Tzuyu found out."

"What? What kind of pictures? Are you friends with that man?!" Azumi feels her blood rise to her head. She didn't want to think that her daughter slept with that man. Now she's asking herself if she could kill for her daughter.

"My god, no! Just normal pictures, nothing to worry about."

Thank god she doesn't need to.

"Then why didn't she report him??" Azumi puts her knife and fork down. "She could have told you and reported him to the company."