21: Last day

Grumpy, sleepy and clingy, that's what Sana is. She's hugging Tzuyu from behind, her left cheek against Tzuyu's back, she's not helping but she doesn't want to go back to bed without the engineer either.

"Sana. You can go back to sleep."

"No."

"I'm almost done here." Tzuyu looks at the arms around her tummy. Sana wears her sweatshirt, it's too long on her she can't see her hands. She smiles widely. "How could you be so sleepy at 7am?"

"No." Sana says, sleepy. Her arms around her tighten. "Nooo."

Patient, that's what Tzuyu is. If only Tzuyu is normal like all of us she would've probably lost her cool. Sana is not helping her, she even makes it difficult for her to move. She also has to be careful with her every move to not hit Sana with her elbow.

"You don't like the necklace." Sana whispers. "Sorry you have to lie you like it."

"It's pretty. I just don't wear jewelry."

"You won't wear our wedding ring?" Sana asks innocently, her eyes are closed, you won't know if she's sleep talking or really awake.

"I won't remove it."

"Hmm. You will when you go to a bar." Sana says absentmindedly.

"I don't go to bars, Sana."

"When you get older, you will." Sana rubs her cheek on her back.

"You go to bars though. So you will remove yours?" Tzuyu asks as she arranges the plastic containers of the food that she prepares.

"If you annoy me."

"Come on." Tzuyu says softly. "It's done."

Tzuyu prepared her soup, put the marinade mixture for the meat, and sliced and peeled the vegetables. She will cook them later when Sana is fully awake and ready to eat. Thankfully her arm has gotten better.

Tzuyu lifts her right arm and slowly turns around. Now facing the older woman, she leans and looks at Sana's sleepy face.

"Stop it." Sana pushes her lightly. "I'm sleepy. Don't annoy me."

"Should I throw you in the pool? Maybe it would make you feel better." Tzuyu teases the older woman with a grin.

"I dare you." Sana glares at her. She's supposed to look fierce and scary but Tzuyu sees her as a 3 year old kid having tantrums.

"Really?" Her grin becomes wider. "Are you sure?"

"I dare you." Sana repeats with a pout. She's never a morning person. "Why are you so happy this early?"

"Because—"

"Because I'm not happy?"

Tzuyu laughs and pulls the pouty grumpy woman into a hug. "I told you to sleep again. Now you'll be grumpy the whole day."

"Why did Elkie call you?"

"You checked my phone?"

Uh oh. Tzuyu hates when people go through her phone, Sana is not an exception.

"I woke up to pee and saw your phone and the incoming call. Why did she call?"

"I don't know. I haven't asked her. Maybe she wanted to ask about work?"

"At 2am?"

"We used to work until very late. You know that."

"2am on the weekend. I see." Sana nods consecutively. " I've been telling you that Elkie likes you." She steps back and looks Tzuyu dead serious in the eyes, suddenly she doesn't feel sleepy anymore. "She likes you. If you don't do anything about it, I will."