8: Misery

"Chaeyoung, have you seen Tzuyu?"

"No."

"What's her schedule today?"

"No idea. You should ask Jihyo."

Their ears get bigger when they hear Sana ask about Tzuyu with a calm voice.

The most talked about issue the past few days was Tzuyu's cheating. It was very shocking but that explains the anger that Sana showed throughout the months towards the engineer.

Most employees couldn't believe that the two are really dating and will even get married. Though it's hard to comprehend, they are thankful that they don't have to listen to Sana's scream anymore. It's been peaceful since the day it was announced accidentally by Tzuyu's mother.

"She's with your mother. I saw them in Blooms." Ashley says as she walks past them with her coffee from Blooms cafe. The famous coffee shop in the area owned by Im Nayeon, Tzuyu's cousin.

"How do you know it's my mother?"

"Tzuyu called her Mrs. Minatozaki."

"Aish. Thanks!"

Sana didn't waste any minute and ran off. Her mom was never delighted even once to meet Chris, or any of her boyfriends in the past. Yet this is the second time she'd met Tzuyu this week.

She calls her mother's number after she gets off the elevator. Waving and smiling from other employees that greet her.

"You look pretty today, Sana."

Sana was about to smile and thank the person but—nevermind. It is Jack.

She responds with a lopsided, forced smile. Then she rolls her eyes after she walks past him.

"Jerk." She whispers.

"Did she just reject my call?" She groans when she hears the heartbreaking tone. "Aish. Really."

She strides her way outside of the building. Trying to spot familiar figures in the shop across their company.

There she is.

Tzuyu saunters across the street, hugging a box to her chest and some paper bags in her hand. Sana spots her easily. She wears almost the same type of clothes, black slacks, light colored polo and black or brown dress shoes everyday. She stands out with her height.

"This idiot." Sana whispers while putting her phone in her pocket.

She walks to the end of the pedestrian lane, waiting for the younger woman. She watches Tzuyu waiting for the stop light to change its color. She's standing straight at the other end, without a care in the people around her.

She looks like a kid. She lowers her head and hides her smile. Her legs look nice.

That is her favorite body part of the younger woman. Her legs look even better when she wears shorts.

Then the light turns red. Tzuyu walks with large steps towards her.

"You didn't tell me my mother was here."

Tzuyu isn't surprised when Sana approaches her and walks beside her.

"She wasn't looking for you."

Sana rolls her eyes. "You need help?"

"No."

"What did you talk about my mother? You should've told her not to disturb you during work hours."

"Sana is a little bit childish. I was worried she would hurt herself more the way she relentlessly dates gangsters. I'm glad she met you."

She nods. "She's difficult but I understand her. I will continue to do it."