Chapter 3

Gage's P.O.V.

Man, Eden's co-worker is a little spitfire, and I am not sure how to take her attitude toward me. I find it nice that she seems protective over Eden, but yet I do not like that she had her hand on his lower back. He enters the hallway ahead of me to lean his right shoulder against the wall, and now that I study his face, he looks exhausted. Now I feel guilt at bothering him again during his break.

"What do you need, Mr. McCoy," he asks with a tired voice, adding to my guilt.

"I wanted to see if I could buy you a cup of coffee or something at the end of your shift today if you are available?" I shyly ask which is so out of character for me.

Eden frowns at me as he rubs the left side of his stomach making me frown as he sighs; "I am sorry, but after my shift, I am going right home to rest since I am exhausted. I just want to relax and unwind, I am sorry."

I frown deeper as I nod toward his belly; "I understand needing to relax and unwind after a long day. Are you okay? Are you turning me down because you are not interested in trying a relationship with me, or is there another reason?"

He sighs while glancing at his iWatch on his left wrist to see how much time he has left of his break; "It is not because I am not interested in you. I am okay. The reason I am declining at the moment is because of a very personal reason, but we can be friends, though."

Nodding, I give him a small, reassuring smile; "I will take being your friend over nothing."

Eden brightly smiles at me; "That works, besides I do not think your girlfriend would appreciate you trying to date me, too. I am not down with damaging someone's relationship."

After my momentary shock, I give him a light chuckle as I shake my head; "The woman in mum's room is my cousin Maria who mum raised."

Eden's jaw drops slightly in surprise; "Oh, I am so dumb. By the way you two were sitting, I thought she was your girlfriend. I should have not assumed anything, so I apologize for that."

"That is understandable that you thought that," I assure him with a nod. "Marie and I are extremely close since mum took her in when we were ten."

"I hate to do this, but I need to get back to work," he says with a tired sigh.

"When are you off?" I quickly ask as I walk with him toward his wing of the hospital.

"Um, I am off starting tonight for the next four days," he answers, making me wonder if he works fifteen hour a day for three days in a row.

"Could we meet as friends in two days for lunch?" I ask nervously, again so out of character for me.

"Sure, as friends," he agrees. "Let me know by 6 p.m. since I am done with shift then, when and where to meet you."

"Will do," I reply with a smile, and a nod. "Thanks, Eden."

"You are welcome, sir," he says, making me frown slightly yet be slightly turned on by the "sir."

"Please call me Gage, not sir or Mr. McCoy," I tell him despite like being called "sir" from him since that word is one of my kinks, but more about that later.

Eden nods as we reach his area, and he heads off to the nurses station to talk with another nurse as I head back to mum's room. Once there, I head inside, and I find mum and Marie laughing about something. Grinning at them, I sit down next to Marie with a huge grin. I am not only happy about the musical sound of their laughter, but that Eden is willing to be my friend, and meet me for lunch in two days.

"What has you so happy, not that it is a bad thing?" Marie asks with a grin as she turns slightly in her chair to the right to look at me.

"I spoke with Eden, and he has agreed to have lunch with me in two days as friends," I say, grinning widely at them. "I am close to possibly making that sweet young man as my submissive."

Yes, mum and Marie are aware of my being a dominate in the BDSM lifestyle, and that I am looking for a new long term submissive. Marie continues to smile encouragingly at me with a hum in response, but mum does not seem thrilled about my wanting to have Eden as my submissive.

"You need to have a serious conversation with Eden when you have lunch with him before you get your hopes up about trying to have him be your submissive," mum firmly states like she knows something about Eden.

"I will, I promise mum, besides I would never force anyone into being my submissive if they are not interested in the lifestyle. As you know it is not for everyone," I promise her, really wanting to know what she knows about him, but knowing mum she will not tell me which is understandable, I guess.

Today I am finally meeting with Eden at 'Coffee Cafe' for lunch in thirty minutes. I will be leaving home in ten minutes, drive the fifteen minutes to the cafe, and make it there five minutes before our agreed upon time. When I arrive, I look around the cafe to make sure he is not early, and he is not, so I sit down at at table facing the door, so I can see him when he enters.

About five minutes later, Eden walks through the cafe door wearing a pair of black and white splattered leggings, and an over sized white hoodie that covers his hands, creating adorable sweater paws. As I wave at him, he smiles as he makes his way over to me.

When he reaches the table I am at, I stand, asking; "May I hug you?"

He chews on his lip for a second before nodding. Opening my arms slightly, he steps forward into my body, wrapping his thin arms around my waist as I wrap mine around his thin waist. Pulling him gently to my body, my eyes widen at the feeling of a firm, round belly that feels like a baby bump. Pulling back slightly to look at Eden curiously, and he is sporting a full body blush, and is chewing on his lower lip nervously.

"This is my "personal reason" as to why I do not think we should date," he murmurs, stepping from my arms, placing his left hand slightly under his bump.