Chapter 8

Eden's P.O.V.

Gage did an amazing job painting Ean's nursery the pale green color I picked. By the time he finished, it was around 1:30 p.m., so I made him a late lunch in thanks since he refused to take the money I offered him. We ended up putting together the furniture, too, and now my living room is filled with baby furniture. I am gonna place these items in the nursery at some point in time today.

The only reason I am up at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning is because my unborn son has decided to use my full bladder as a punching bag. Quickly waddling into the bathroom in order to relieve my bursting bladder. Doing my business, I flush the toilet, wash my hands and face, then I brush my teeth and hair before leaving the bathroom toward the kitchen. Making myself a cup of herbal tea, and once it is done, I take my steaming cup into the living room to sit on the couch.

Grabbing my book off the end table to read for a while along with sipping my tea. I am pulled from my novel around 9 a.m. when my buzzer keeps buzzing. Placing my metal sun bookmark in between the pages of my book, I leave it on the couch before standing to waddle over to the buzzer next to the door in the kitchen to find out who the hell is here this fucking early on a Sunday morning.

Pressing the button as I speak louder than normal, and once I speak I let go of the button; "Hello?"

"Hi Eden, it is Gage?" his voice comes through the tiny speaker. "I did not wake you, did you?"

Pressing the button again to answer; "Hi Gage, come on up."

Letting go of the speaker button again to press the button to let Gage in despite being confused as to why he is here when we had nothing planned for today. Opening the main door to wait for him not giving a fuck about my appearance at the moment.

He comes through the front door, shutting it behind him before taking the stairs two at a time to me. He is holding a drink carrier in one hand, and a food bag in the other from the cafe. He steps into the kitchen, his eyes twinkling at me as he widely grins at me.

"Hi," he greets again as he walks to the island where he places the items on the top.

Shutting the door behind him, still slightly stunned at his sudden appearance before murmuring; "Hi. You are full of energy this morning."

He lightly chuckles as he pulls the food out of the bag, placing the food down with a bigger grin. When I do not join him at the island, he pauses his task to look over at me with a slight frown; "Are you alright, Eden? Did I interrupt plans that you have?"

"I am, um, fine, and no I have no plans other than putting Ean's furniture in his room," I answer, still stunned.

Gage nods as he finishes his task before walking over to me, grasps me by the right hand with his left to pull me gently over to the island. He has me sit down in front of a sandwich, and a large chocolate milk.

"Eat, please," he requests with a nod of his head toward the food as he walks behind me to sit in the empty seat beside me.

"Eden, eat please," Gage says firmly, and that breaks me from my stupor, and I start eating.

"Thank you, Gage," I murmur with a smile after swallowing a bite. "You did not have to come though, but I do appreciate the help, and the food."

"You are welcome," he replies with a sexy grin. "I know I did not have to come, help, or the food, but I want to do this."

Nodding with a tired smile as Ean gives me several kicks to my stomach making me gasp. Gage's eyebrow furrows in worry, so I grab his left hand, placing it under my shirt where Ean is kicking. Gage's eye widen wen he feels the kicks.

"Oh my god, that is so cool!" he softly breathes with an awed expression, his eyes stuck on my belly where his hand is.

"I think he recognizes your voice," I giggle softly as Ean stops kicking.

Gage lightly chuckles as he removes his warm hand, and I swear if Gage's grin becomes any larger, I think it is going to split his face in half. Finishing our breakfast, we throw away the garbage before starting on placing the furniture in the nursery.

When I go to grab the rocking chair, Gage's firm voice says from behind me; "Nope. You are not carrying that. You can tell me where you want this, along with everything else."

We have pushed the crib into the room, and in place already. Pouting at him, Gage just gives me a pointed, unimpressed look. I give him my best puppy dog eyes, too, that usually works for me with others, but it does not work with him.

"That does not work on me, Eden," he comments, making me pout at him again with my arms crossed over my belly belly.

Gage takes the furniture into the room, and placed into the correct spots under my direction.

"Thank you for doing this," I sincerely tell him as we stand in the middle of the room as I smile brightly at him.

"You are more than welcome," he replies sweetly. "Besides, I would not allow you to do this on your own."

"What are you doing for the next few hours?" he asks as I pull the bags of baby stuff I have bought over the last five months to place away.

"Um, nothing really. Why?" I answer with a smile at him over my right shoulder from the closet.

"Well, I was supposed to ask you yesterday, and I forgot," he cautiously says with a shy smile. "My friend Benjamin really wants to meet you, so I was thinking we could hangout with him for a few hours today?"

Chewing on my lower lip for a few seconds before saying; "Um, why does he want to meet me?"

"Because you are my new friend," he says as if that is all the answer that is needed.

"Sure, I guess that is fine," I say shrugging my shoulders as I leave the bags where they are, and come out of the closet, and shut the according door behind me. "When are we doing this?"

"Um, we can head to my house, and he can meet us there soon, if that is okay with you?" he timidly asks.

"Sure, that is fine," I assure him.