Chapter 13

Gage's P.O.V.

Okay, here are a couple of things I can say that I have learned after meeting with Eden earlier tonight: 1.) He is at least speaking with me now. 2.) He has clearly stated where he is at on us. 3.) I have decided to leave the BDSM lifestyle in order to earn his full forgiveness and trust, and to maybe one day be with him romantically in the future.

My phone vibrates in my front pants pocket, so I pull it out to find that Ben is calling, so I quickly answer before the call ends; "Hey man, how are you?"

"Hey man, I am good," he answers. "What are you doing?"

"I am heading to my car to head home from meeting with Eden," I answer with a satisfied smile as I unlock the driver's side door, and sit in the seat, shutting the door behind me. "What are you doing?"

"Well, I am calling to see if you want to hangout for a while?" he answers. "Then we can also discuss your meetup with Eden."

"Sure, I would love too," I answer fondly. "Where and when?"

"Your place in thirty, and I am bringing beer with me," he says excitedly.

"Alright, see you then," I answer, knowing he really is going to grill me about Eden when he sees me.

Stopping at the store, I grab a couple of bags of chips, and another six pack of beer before heading home. Changing into a pair of gray sweats, and a black sweatshirt after showering, and placing the beer in the fridge. Thirty minutes after talking with Ben, he arrives with a six pack of beer as well, and we sit in the living room with a beer each, and a bowl of chips on the coffee table as we settle in comfortably.

"Spill it, dude," Ben starts off as we settle down on the each end of the couch comfortably. "How did it go with Eden?"

"It, uh, it went decent," I answer after swallowing a drink. "He layed out what he expected from me and us if we are to be friends again. He kind of explained why he despises the BDSM lifestyle as much as he does. I did explain that a true dom would never abuse their sub like his dom abused him.

"Damn man, so what is the next step for you two?" he curiously asks as he takes a drink.

"For me, I have to earn back his trust since I completely broke it when I was not truthful with him about my intentions with him,and why I wanted to date him. So, I am withdrawing myself from the club and lifestyle to start proving to Eden I am serious about being with him as more than friends," I tell him, and by the time I am done talking, Ben is staring at me in shock.

"You are really willing to give up that part of yourself for someone who hates that lifestyle?" Ben questions, like he does not truly believe me.

Nodding at him as I grab myself a handful of chips as I answer him; "Yup. I truly have strong feelings for Eden, and I want to be with him in a romantic relationship."

"What about the fact that he is pregnant with a child that is not yours?" he replies, raising his right eyebrow at me in defiance.

"Ean is an added bonus even if he is not my child biologically," I answer honestly. "Eden having a child is not a bad thing as I look at this as an extra person who is Eden to love and protect."

"You are a better person than I am," he replies with a shake of his head. "I do not think I could or want to be with someone who is pregnant with someone else's child."

Shrugging at him as he is allowed to do what he feels is best for him; "You do you, and I will do me."

My phone rings with a call from mama before Ben can answer, and I apologize to him before answering her call that I place on speaker; "Hi mama. How are you? Ben is here with me, and you are on speaker."

"Hi boys," she answers on a light chuckle. "I was calling to ask you if you have spoken with Eden at all lately?"

"Yes, I have actually, I saw him about an hour ago, why?" I answer curiously.

"I bought him some stuff for his baby, and I want to drop it off to him the next time he is working. Do you know when he works next?" she excitedly explains, and I cannot help but smile at her enthusiasm.

"He works tomorrow his normal shift, and then he is off for four days after that," I answer her. "Do you want me to drive you once I am off work?"

"Thank you, and no as Marie has offered to take me in the morning before we have lunch out together," mama answers with a smile in her voice. "How have you been, Ben?"

"I have been good, Mrs. McCoy," he answers, projecting his voice so she can hear him. "How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling much better, thank you, Benji," mama answers, causing Ben to roll his eyes playfully at her nickname for him, and she is the only one who can get away with calling him that. "Any love interests that I should know about?"

"No ma'am, I am enjoying the single life," he answers with a chuckle.

Mama tisks at his answer, giving him a playful hard time with no truth behind the words as she would never demand or expect what she says from either of us; "I want grand-babies from you and Gage one day."

"Maybe one day, Mrs. McCoy, maybe one day," he chuckles with a fond smile about my mama's teasing.

"Bye boys, I will talk to you both soon," mama says. "I love you both."

"Bye mama, we love you, too," Ben and I answer together before she ends the call.

Ben heads home a couple of hours later, and I head to the all-night gym that is three blocks away to work out for an hour before heading home to shower, dress in my night clothes, and climb under the covers. I pick up the book I bought a week ago on babies to read for an hour before sleeping. The baby book I bought is what to expect during the first year of their life. I have no clue about babies as I do not know anyone who has babies.