Chapter 9

Gage's P.O.V.

I think Eden is nervous about meeting Ben despite his agreeing to do meet my best friend. Perhaps when I give the gifts for the baby, this will help calm him enough while we drive, and to meet Ben.

"Here, I got these for Ean," I say, turning my upper body enough to grab the bags from the backseat, and turn back to hand these to a now blushing Eden.

He takes the bags from with a small, shy smile; "Thank you, Gage. You did not have to do this."

"You are very welcome, Eden, and I know, but I wanted, too," I answer with a grin. "I hope you like what I picked out."

"I am sure I will," he assures with an even bigger grin. "May I look now, or do you want me to wait?"

"You can look now while I drive us home," I reply with my own larger grin at his excitement.

Eden shocks the hell out of me when he lets out a light squeal as he opens the first bag to pull out the clothing items. I never would have thought that this shy, quiet young man could squeal like that. By the time I am parking at my home, Eden is leaning across the armrest between us to tightly hug me around the neck. He kisses me on the cheek, making me actually blush.

"Thank you! All of these are amazing, and I love them all!" he sniffles as he kisses the side of my neck where he has tucked his face.

"You are welcome, Eden," I assure him as I gently wrap my left arm around him, just under his shoulders, giving him a gentle squeeze. "I did not mean to make you cry."

"These are happy tears, I promise," he sniffles again, but with a laugh this time while he pulls back to wipe away the tears with his shirt sleeves.

"That is good since that is all you should ever cry," I gently tell him as I reach my left hand over to softly wipe away a couple of missed tears as I smile softly at him.

He smiles sweetly at me as he starts placing the items back in the bags with a light pink blush.

"Let's head inside, huh?" I suggest with a wider smile.

"Yeah," he says with a tiny smile. "Can I leave these here?"

"You sure can," I agree since it would be silly for him to bring the bags inside to bring these back out when we leave.

We head inside with Eden complementing me on how much he likes my home, and my decor, and I thank him.

"Would you like anything to drink or eat?" I question as I shut the front door behind us.

"No, thank you," he answers as he looks around with wide, curious eyes.

Softly chuckling as I lead him into the living room, and we sit on the couch, and he asks; "Uh, when will your friend be here?"

"In about ten minutes," I answer after glancing at the time on my phone.

"Cool," he nervously answers, chewing on his lip, making my 'little me' take notice in appreciation.

"Hey, there is no need to be worried, Ben is nice," I say, moving closer to him to wrap my arm around his shoulders to bring him into my side. "He will love you."

"Okay," he murmurs, snuggling into my side, resting his head on my shoulder.

"Do you by chance have anxiety?" I gently ask, my tone soft.

"Yeah, and I hate it," he mumbles, as he rubs his belly, making me wonder if Ean is kicking him again. "My only friends before you have always been Alexis and her boyfriend Carter. I have a difficult time making friends."

"Do you know why?" I whisper, unsure if he even knows, or if he will tell me.

He shrugs his thin shoulders; "I have no idea why, but I wish I did, so I could try and fix it."

"I am sure it is horrible, and I am sorry that you have it," I murmur. "I am glad you have let me in, though, so thank you for the honor of being your friend."

Well, if that does not boost my fucking ego, and I tell him that, and I earn another beautiful giggle.

"Can I have a tour of your beautiful home?" he shyly requests as he moves enough to bag his beautiful blue eyes at me.

"Sure," I agree, standing, and holding my hands out to him to help him to his feet which he allows me to do.

I show him around my two level home, and I keep the pace he sets since he cutely waddling around now, and is walking slower than I can. His waddle is so damn adorable. By the time we return to the living room, Eden shyly asks for a glass of water, and he joins me in the kitchen. I fill a glass of cold tap water, handing it to him as there is a knock on the front door.

"I will be right back as I am sure that is Ben," I tell Eden before walking to the front door to let my best friend inside.

"Hey man," he greets back as we briefly hug for a second.

"Come on, Eden is in the kitchen," I tell him with a grin, and we head there, so I can make the introductions.

I truly hope that Eden and Ben get along greatly because Ben is very important to me, and Eden is starting to become as equally important to me, but for a different reason.

Grabbing Ben by the wrist lightly, stopping him in his tracks, he looks at me curiously; "Please be nice to Eden. I really like him, and do not wish for you to make a fool of me in front of him. I want to make him my boy, and submissive."

Ben nods solemnly as he seriously replies; "I promise not to embarrass you in front of your boy, Gage. I am a jokester, but not an asshole."