Chapter 10

Eden's P.O.V.

Gage enters the kitchen in front of an attractive man, but he is not as attractive or as sexy as Gage.

"Ben, this is Eden James," Gage introduces with a fond smile at me before continuing. "Eden, this is my best friend, Benjamin Adams, and he works at my company."

"Hi, it is nice to meet you, Benjamin," I shyly greet with a timid smile, and a small, shaky wave with my left hand.

"Hey Eden, it is nice to meet you, too," he returns with a bright smile, and a wave. "Please call me Ben, not Benjamin is a mouthful."

"O-okay," I reply, chewing on my lower lip as my anxiety starts to climb slightly when his eyes land on my belly, lingering there for several seconds.

"Are you pregnant?" Ben bluntly asks, earning a slap on the shoulder from Gage who also lightly growls at him.

"Dude, you have no manners, what so ever," Gage hisses in a scolding told at his friend.

Swallowing thickly as tears threaten to fall from fear at being mocked about being a man who is pregnant; "Yeah, I am."

"That is so awesome!" Ben replies with a grin at me before scowling at Gage. "I do too have manners!"

Gage scoffs with an eye roll at his long time friend; "Whatever dude, whatever."

Giggling behind my left hand at their antics, Ben and Gage look at me - Ben just chuckles in reply while Gage gives me a playful growl. We head into the living room to sit and talk. Sitting criss cross on the end of the couch with Gage on the other end, and Ben in the recliner at the end of the couch by Gage.

"So, how far along are you, Eden?" Ben asks with a smile.

"Um, I am six almost seven months," I answer with a fond smile as I rub my belly where Ean is kicking me.

We chat and laugh for several hours until Gage asks; "When do you need to be home to sleep for work in the morning?"

"Um, soon since I need to be up by 1 a.m.," I shyly answer after looking at the time on my cell. "I am sorry for not driving myself, now I need you to leave your friend, so I can go home. I am sorry for that."

Gage frowns at me as does Ben with Gage saying; "Hey, no, it is fine, Eden. I know you have to work tomorrow, and early, too. I am fine with taking you home, and I figured Ben would ride with us."

"O-okay," I murmur with red tinted cheeks, still feeling bad about the situation.

"Come on, lets head out," Gage says with a cheerful smile as he stands, holding his hands out toward me to help me off the couch again even though he does not have, too.

"Thank you, Gage," I murmur with a smile, and he hums in response.

The three of us leave his home in his car, and despite my protests, I am sitting in the front passenger seat with Ben sitting behind Gage.

"Gage, did you buy these for Eden's baby?" Ben coos when he notices the bags of baby stuff on the seat next to him.

"Yes, I did," Gage proudly answers while driving toward my home. "You can't embarrass me, so nice try."

"Oh really?" Ben quips with a smirk before focusing on me. "Did Gage tell you about a sub he had who embarrassed him at the club one night"

"Club, what club? What is a sub other than a type of sandwich?" I ask, utterly confused while looking between Gage's embarrassed red face, and Ben's slack jaw and wide eyes.

"Oh shit, I am so sorry, Gage," Ben quietly mutters. "I thought you would have already told him."

"Told me what?" I demand nervously as I stare at Gage while he drives, starring straight ahead.

"Gage, answer me, now!" I demand as he pulls into my driveway, and parks behind my car, but will not look at me.

"I am a dominate at a BDSM club here in town called 'The Black Door.' I, uh, have subs, Submissive, either long term or for one night. I, um, I intentionally approached you because I want you to be my submissive," he softly admits, his voice slightly nervous as he finally

Grasping the door handle as I try not to vomit as I fight back the tears, too; "Thanks for making me feel used. That the only reason you wanted to be friends with me is to use and abuse me for your own sexual gratification. I will not subject myself to that like I did with Parker."

Climbing out in anger, I do not say goodbye to either man, or grab what Gage bought for Ean as I feel now these are his way trying to persuade me into becoming his submissive. Slamming the door behind me without a backward glance, and quickly waddle to my front door. Unlocking the door, entering as I hear Gage hollering after me to 'stop and wait!' as he rushes toward me with a grief stricken face. Closing the door enough, so only my body is filling the space as Gage makes it to me.

"What do you want, Gage?" I hiss, not wanting to deal with him at the moment, or the submissive topic.

"I promise I was gonna tell you, but I decided that we should know each other better before I brought the topic up with you," he says, slightly out of breath.

"What bothers me more is that you started whatever we had going on was because you wanted me to be your sub, so you could control me, and abuse me sexually," I counter with a frown.

"No Eden, that is not what true BDSM is about," he says earnestly, but I am not sure if I can believe him. "A person who is a true member of this lifestyle does not control or abuse their submissive in any way. They take over the sub's burdens, and helps them fulfill a need they have with their dom. The dom is able to bring their sub to new heights and desires in a safe space, and the sex if done right is a wonderful bonus."