Chapter 7

Gage's P.O.V.

Benjamin showed up about an hour ago to hangout, and since I talked to Eden earlier, I feel horrible about mentioning my maid and chef. I know Eden said I should not feel about my accomplishments in life in being able to afford the help, but I do because I know he is only able to buy some stuff for his son with each paycheck. I also feel bad because Eden is at home on a Friday night, already showered and in bed while I am hanging out with my best friend.

"You okay, man since you seem to be spacing out?" Ben questions, taking a swing of his beer as he watches me curiously.

Focusing on Ben, I give him a small nod; "Yeah. I was just thinking about Eden."

Yes, I have told Ben about Eden, and that I am a dominant as is he, and that I would really like for Eden to be my submissive and boyfriend.

He quirks his right eyebrow at me with a mischievous grin; "So, when am I gonna meet your new friend?"

"Soon I hope, but I am not sure when," I shrug, taking a swig of my own beer. "I will talk to him about that tomorrow morning when I am at his place to help him paint a room."

I just about slipped up, and told him about Eden's baby, but that is not my information to share with someone Eden does not know. Ben stays at my place until midnight before heading home, and I am in bed and asleep by 1 a.m. We played FIFA for several hours while we drank a couple of beers, and laughed.

My phone alarm blares at 7:30 a.m., and I stretch my right arm over to my nightstand to turn off the offending noise. Blinking the sleep from my eyes for several seconds before throwing the covers off me with a loud yawn, and climbing out of the bed to stretch my arms over my head to work the kinks out of my body. Walking into the bathroom, turning on the hot water in the shower, I drop my red underwear, leaving these in a pile on the floor as I brush my teeth as the water heats.

Once the water is to my liking which is one step down from scalding, I step into the shower, scrubbing myself with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, rinse off, turn the water off, and climb out. After hanging the towel over the shower rod, I brush my hair, grab the dirty boxers to toss these into the hamper, and enter my room to dress for the day. I dress in a pair of paint splattered, ripped, faded jeans, an old blue long sleeve shirt, white socks and a pair of older tennis shoes.

Grabbing my keys, cell, and wallet off my dresser, I leave the house, locking the front door behind me to climb into my car, and make sure the gifts are still in the back seat which they are since I never took them out. Stopping at the cafe Eden requested, I head inside to purchase our food and drinks. I ordered him an egg, bacon, and cheese bagel sandwich that is toasted, and a large chocolate milk (at his request last night). I order myself the same sandwich, and a large black coffee, and once I receive our order, I head to Eden's townhouse.

Arriving at his place several minutes later, I grab the food bag, and the drink carrier, climb out, shutting the door with my right hip, and head toward his front door where I press the buzzer button on the speaker box next to the door.

Eden's voice comes through the speaker a minute later; "Hello?"

His voice sounds scratchy and rough, making me frown as I answer; "Hi Eden, it is Gage. I brought breakfast."

"I am gonna buzz you in, and come on up the stairs, I will be just inside the door in the kitchen," he replies after clearing his throat.

There is a long buzz, and I open the door with my right hand since the bag and drink carrier are being held in my left. Shutting the door behind me, I walk up the stairs to the main entrance of Eden's home, and the door is open, and when I walk through, he is indeed in the kitchen at the island with two stools on my side of the island. He is placing two plates and two napkins on the island where the chairs are.

"Hey," I greet as I enter the house, and he looks pale, and his eyes look red and puffy, making me worry and frown at him. "Do you want the door left open, or do you want it closed?"

"Closed, please," he answers as I place the items on the island with a worried expression. "Are you okay, Eden?"

"I am okay, thanks for asking," he answers with a tired smile. "I had a horrible bout of vomiting and nausea for a couple of hours this morning."

Frowning deeply at him in concern; "Do you want me to paint another time? If you do that is okay."

He shakes his head as he gives me a tiny reassuring smile; "No, it is okay, I promise. I am starting to feel much better now, thanks though."

"If you need to sleep while I paint, that is okay with me," I tell him with my own reassuring smile as we sit at the island. "After you eat some of your breakfast at least. Can't have you and Ean going hungry after all that, if you are up to it, that is."

He gives me a small nod; "Thanks for this, and I might, but I do not want to leave you alone in case you need something. Besides, if I did that would be rude of me, and I need to start putting together the furniture for the nursery in the living room, so I can put these in there tomorrow."

"We will discuss putting together the furniture as we eat," I tell him, knowing if I get my way, he will not be doing that alone, and I will be helping.

Once we are settled, I hand him his sandwich and drink with a straw before placing mine in front of me. We eat in silence for a couple of minutes, and Eden is killing my self control with his soft moans with every bite of sandwich and sip of milk he takes.

"So, I am thinking, I can help you put the furniture together later today, or I can come back sometime tomorrow to help you," I suggest with a smile as he takes another bite of his sandwich.