Chapter 12

Eden's P.O.V.

Since Gage sent me the first apology gift three days ago, I have received another gift from Gage today. He sent this gift to my home, a vanilla and lavender scented jar candle along with another hand written card.

The first note read; 'I created a distance between us, even though all I want is to be together. It is one of the worst mistakes I have made in my life. - Gage'

Today's card reads; 'I gave you a headache, and made your heart ache, but I promise to find the best way to heal these both. You are always on my mind and heart. - Gage'

I have pretty much forgiven Gage about a week ago, but I am still trying to figure out how I feel about his BDSM lifestyle, and that he wants me to be his submissive, but I do not think I can do that again.

"E, just talk to him, say how you are feeling, and hear him out," Alexis sighs as we sit in the staff lounge together to have lunch.

Sighing as I stab my fork into my salad, bitterly asking; "Yeah, so he can lie to me some more."

Yes, I have basically have forgiven Gage as I understand that telling people about being part of the BDSM lifestyle is not easy, especially if you do not know how they would handle that information, or if they are part of that lifestyle, too. Now, this does not mean I am over it, or over my hatred for that lifestyle.

Alexis throws me an unamused glare, causing me to sigh again before grumbling; "Fine. I will talk to him if it will get you to leave me alone."

"If you actually hash out with him about this situation, then yes, I will leave you alone," she grins, taking a huge bite of her sandwich.

Rolling my eyes at her as I take another bite of my salad as I grab my cell off the table to text Gage about meeting with him to actually speak with him about what happened between us.

Placing my phone back on the table, I tell Alexis; "There, I texted him, now it is on him if, or when he answers. Are you happy?"

"Very happy," she answers with a grin, and I roll my eyes again. "Your eyes are gonna freeze in that position if you keep rolling your damn eyes at me."

We head back to work when our lunch period ends, and I am very ready for my shift to be over with since I am exhausted. When my shift finally ends, I grab my stuff from my locker in the staff locker room, and I head to my car in the parking lot, and I check my phone once I am sitting in the car, and Gage has texted me three times.

Reading through his texts to formulate one response; "Hey. Sorry for the delay, I had texted you on my lunch, and now I just got off work. Tomorrow is fine at 1 p.m. at 'The Open Door Cafe'."

My phone starts ringing with a video call from Gage a few seconds after sending the text, and I answer the call with a slight sigh; "Hi Gage."

"Hi Eden," he greets with a bright smile before frowning as he looks intently at me. "Are you sitting in your car at the hospital?"

"Yes since I texted you that I just got off work," I sigh as I rub my tired eyes with my left hand.

"Oh. I took that as you made it home already, I am sorry about that," he sheepishly replies. "Can we meet tonight instead at the 'The Open Door Cafe,' please?"

"Sure, I will head that way now," I sigh again, starting the car.

"Awesome. I am heading that way myself, and thanks," he says, and I hum ending the call without saying goodbye.

I am beyond tired and irritated, but now is a good time to get this done. When I arrive, Gage is pulling into a parking spot as I step from the car. Giving him a faint smile as he climbs out, and walks toward me with a tentative smile.

"Can I give you a hug?" he tentatively asks when he reaches me.

"No, I may have agreed to this meet up, and started to forgive you," I firmly say, holding my left hand out to stop him from touching me. "I am not ready for you to touch me yet."

His hopeful smile instantly drops, and he actually pouts at me; "Okay, I can respect that. Come on, lets head inside, so we can eat, and you can get off your feet."

Heading inside, we are shown to a table almost instantly, and given menus. Looking over the menu, I realize that Gage is intently starring at me with a goofy smile.

"What?" I tiredly ask as I look at him over the top of the menu.

His smile widens as he answers; "I am just admiring the most beautiful man in the entire world that is sitting in front of me."

Rolling my eyes at him, and I am beginning to think Alexis might be right about my eyes freezing in this position; "Whatever. Look at your menu, and decide what you are gonna order."

Gage dramatically sighs at me, but looks over his menu, and we are silent until the server arrives, and we order. Gage orders a burger with fries, and a cherry coke, and I order a veggie burger with fries, and a chocolate milkshake.

"Look, I will never be someone's submissive ever again after what happened between Parker and me," I softly tell him with a scowl. "I understand that everyone in that lifestyle may not be the same, but I cannot do it again. Plus, I have a son to worry about in two months."

"I am glad you understand that, and I am sorry he was one of the bad doms in the lifestyle," Gage softly says with a sad expression. "I accept your reasoning though, and I will respect it, but I would like to try again with no expectations of lifestyle between the two of us. I would love to start over again as friends, and possibly work towards being lovers."

"I can agree to being friends, but I am not sure about us becoming lovers," I tell him with a neutral expression. "You broke my trust by not being honest with me from the beginning, and your intentions with me. This will take some time for me to trust you again."

Gage nods slowly at my answer, but I am sure he is not happy with my response. I hope he knows I will not back down, or change my answer. The server returns with our orders, leaving them with us before leaving with an 'enjoy,' and a smile.

Gage timidly asks; "Will you please take the gifts I bought Ean?"

Chewing my bite of the veggie burger as I think; "Yes, but please do not by him anything else."

"I can't promise this, but I will try," he agrees reluctantly.