Chapter 11

Gage's P.O.V.

I fucked up horribly with Eden by not telling him about being a dom or my intentions with him. I cannot be mad at Ben for not knowing that I had not told Eden yet, especially when I want him to be my sub. For the last fourteen days, Eden refuses to answer my calls or texts, and if he is working at the hospital, he refuses to look at me, or speak with me if I say anything to him.

Mum has finally had enough of my moping, and has demanded of me to know what my problem is. Now, after fully explaining to her what happened between Eden and myself, she is full on scowling at me as she receives her dialysis treatment in her room since the room for this is full

"Gage, I raised you better than that, plus I told you to tell him when you and him had your first lunch date together, "she scolds with a small shake of her head in disappointment.

"I know you did, mum, and I had meant to tell him every time I saw him, or spoke with him, but I could not bring myself to do it," I reply with a sad expression, disappointed in myself.

"It is great that Eden is still professional when he is here with me, and does not let this affect his work," she says with a shake of her head. "I want to smack you so badly right now, but I won't."

Eden knocks on the door as he enters with a bright smile at mum as he continues to ignore my presence; "Your treatment should be done now, so how are you feeling?"

"I feel good, and do you know when I will be able to go home?" mum asks Eden as he unhooks her from the dialysis machine.

"Doctor Smith will be here soon to speak with you about that," he says with a sad smile as he finishes his task.

"Thank you, Eden," she replies as I study his physical form - he has dark circles under his eyes, and looks exhausted.

"You are welcome, Mrs. McCoy," he replies giving her a tired smile as he notes something in her chart on his iPad. "I am happy that you are doing better, but I am going to miss you when you go home."

"I am going to miss you, too, but I am glad to be going home soon," mum answers with a tearful smile toward Eden. "I hope you are on shift when I am released."

"Even if I am not on shift, I will come see you whatever day you are released," he promises her with his own tearful voice, and he clears his throat before he continues. "You are my favorite patient, but if you tell anyone I said that, I will deny it."

Mum lets out a tired chuckle; "You are my favorite nurse since the others are not as sweet as you are. I won't tell your secret, I promise."

Eden gives mum a tiny smile with a light sniffle as he wipes his face dry with his shirt sleeves. I wish I had not screwed up with him, so I could comfort him now.

"I have to head  to my next patient before I sob," he says with a light chuckle, and he heads out.

"You broke that boy's heart," mum whispers sadly. "He would not even acknowledge you. What are you going to do to correct this? Would you leave behind your BDSM lifestyle to win him back, if that is needed?"

If that is what it takes, then yes I would, but I want to show him first that the BDSM lifestyle is not what he thinks it is," I murmur thoughtfully. "I have tried to call and text him in order to talk to him, and to find out if I can drop off the baby items I bought for his son, but he refuses to answer me."

"That was sweet of you to buy stuff for his baby," mum praises. "Send him some flowers and sweets, first off, and then find out a few of his likes, and send him a few "I am sorry" gifts with a heartfelt note from you.

Humming in response as I think over mum's suggestion, and how to go about this idea as it is truly a good one. As I continue the visit, I pull my phone from my front right pocket to order Eden a bouquet of flowers of orchids, tulips, white, yellow, and red roses, and an order of chocolates to be delivered to Eden today while he is still at the hospital.

"Did you order him flowers and chocolates with a note?" mum questions as I slip my phone back into my front pocket.

"Yes, he should receive these in thirty minutes," I grin with a nod of my head, and I just hope that he accepts this, and does not throw these in the garbage, or at my head.

"Good job," mum praises as the doctor enters the room with a bright smile at mum.

They talk for a few minutes, and he is discharging her in two days as long as she does not digress, and she continues to improve. Mum cannot wipe the grin off her lips, and I would never want her to, either.

"This is so great, mum! I am beyond happy for you!" I grin, nearly shouting at the good news.

"Me too, Gage," she agrees with a light giggle. "I am going to miss seeing Eden every time he is on shift. I might have to come visit him here just because I can."

I know if I do not fix things between Eden and me, she will be the only one of us two seeing Eden.

Forty minutes later as I am getting ready to leave for the night, Eden enters the room with a furious blush all over his exposed skin.

"Are you okay, Eden?" mum asks him with a worried tone and expression.

He briefly glances at me before focusing on mum again, and tells her that he has mixed emotions about her leaving in two days while he runs through his routine. When he leaves, he quickly looks at me with a tiny smile, but I feel as though I still have a long way to go before he is comfortable with me again, and that I have earned back some of his trust.