Chapter 18

Eden's P.O.V.

I need to leave for Gage's house in fifteen minutes to make it by 5 p.m. since Gage asked me to come by earlier than discussed to hangout for a little longer. Ean is in his portable bassinet awake in his room with me as I pack his blue and gray money diaper bag with lots of diapers, a package of wipes, extra clothes, a plastic bag for any dirty diapers, and four bottles with proportioned breast milk. The bottles are in a blue and gray insulated bottle bag that came with the diaper bag when I bought it.

Yawing into my left elbow as I finish my task, I smile down at Ean as I head into his closet to take Ean's panda bear snowsuit from the hanger along with a black hat before walking back to Ean. Smiling brightly down at my baby boy as I bundle him into the snowsuit and hat. Once he is in the snowsuit, I pick him up, cuddling him against my chest as I grab the diaper bag with bottle bag inside, and leave his room to the front door.

Grabbing my keys, wallet, and phone from the counter, I place my wallet and phone in the diaper bag, before leaving the house, locking both doors behind us. Placing Ean into his car seat that is in the middle, back seat of my car, I buckle him in, and make sure it is right before placing his diaper bag on the floor behind my seat.

Shutting the back passenger door, I open the driver's door to climb inside, buckle myself, and start the car. Driving the five minutes to Gage's, I park behind his car. I am thankful that Ean did not scream the entire drive, and was good like he was yesterday to and from the pediatrician appointment for his one week appointment. Ean gained three pounds in that week, so he is now twelve pounds. Climbing from the car after I turned it off and shutting the door, I take Ean with his car seat from the back, and grab his diaper bag, and head to the front door. 

Knocking on the front door, I wait for Gage to answer the door which he does a minute later with a bright smile at us; "Hey! Come on in out of the cold."

Stepping inside the house, Gage takes the diaper bag from me with a bigger grin despite my protest as he shuts the door behind us; "Mama is here already, and she is excited to see you, and meet Ean."

That makes me slightly nervous for some reason, and I thought I was coming early, so he and I could hangout alone; "O-okay."

"Hey, there is no need to be nervous with mama," he gently says in a soft voice with a reassuring smile as he swipes my hair off my forehead. "I think she might like you more than she likes me. This means she is gonna love Ean so much."

Nodding, I give him a tiny smile as he places a hand on my lower back to gently guide me further into the kitchen. He asks if anything in Ean's bag needs to be in the fridge, and I tell him about Ean's filled bottles, and he gets it out, placing it in the fridge for me before we head into the living room where Mrs. McCoy is sitting in the rocking recliner.

"Hi Mrs. McCoy, how are you doing?" I greet her with a soft smile as I place Ean's car seat on the coffee table. "You look great."

"Hi Eden. I am feeling fine, you sweet boy," she greets with a gentle smile. "Please call me Georgia."

"Yes ma'am,"I reply, unbuckling my sleeping son with a fond smile down at him before asking Mrs. McCoy. "Would you like to hold him?"

"You know I want too, and I washed my hands just before you arrived," she answers with a warm smile as I gently lift Ean from his car seat after I took off his snowsuit, and carefully hand him over to her.

She cradles him in her left arm against her chest, cooing down at him softly; "Oh, aren't you just a handsome boy? You look just like your daddy."

"I, um, I am going to have him call me papa," I nervously tell her with a nervous chuckle.

"Well, you look like your papa," she corrects with a smile at Ean, and then at me. "Sorry about that Eden."

"No problem since you did not know," I reply with a smile at her.

Sitting down on the end of the couch next to Mrs. McCoy and Ean as Gage comes back from the kitchen to sit down next to me with his arm across the back of the couch.

"Dinner smells great, Gage," I compliment him, leaning into his side. "What did you make for dinner?"

"I made my homemade pizzas with pepperoni, mushrooms, onions, and green peppers," he answers with a grin, knowing how much I really like his homemade pizzas.

"Yum!" I grin up at him, lying my head back against his arm before yawning behind my left hand.

"Are you not sleeping when Ean is?" he seriously asks as he stares at me, daring me to not lie to him.

"I did the first day we were home, but not since then," I shyly admit. "He gets up every two to three hours to nurse, needing a change, and everything."

"You should sleep when he sleeps, Eden," Mrs. McCoy gently interjects.

"I can't," I answer with a shrug and a tired smile. "I have things that I need to do while he is sleeping during the day."

"Eden, when you go back to work, where will Ean be?" Gage asks, changing the subject.

"He will be attending the daycare in the hospital for the staff who have children,and need daycare for them," I answer with a happy smile that Ean will be in the same building as me when I go back to work.

"I could always watch him from you," Mrs. McCoy offers, which is nice, but not necessary.

"Oh, thank you, but that is not necessary since you need to save your energy, Mrs. McCoy," I reply, hoping I have not offended her.

"But," she starts off, but stops suddenly, and I am not sure why until I glance up at Gage, and find him scowling at her.

Scowling at him because I do not want to cause a problem between Gage and his mum. I guess I should have just stayed home with Ean, so I would not have caused a problem between them. Guess I should head home earlier than planned.