Chapter 4

Eden's P.O.V.

Gage is shocked into complete silence when he felt my baby bump. He is still shocked as we sit at the table across from each other, ordered our drinks and a light lunch. Gage has ordered a black cup of coffee, and an order of two pancakes, four pieces of bacon, and an order of hash browns. I ordered a glass of chocolate milk, and an bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo on wheat bread with a side of french fries.

"I am sure you have questions, so go ahead and ask these," I tell him with a small smile after the server has left us alone.

Gage grins at me with a light chuckle; "Okay, so, are you with your baby's other dad?"

Shaking my head, I honestly answer; "Nope. Patrick and I broke up five months ago when he moved to Hollywood to peruse his acting career. I had gone to a doctor's appointment that day to find out why I felt ill, and I found out that I was pregnant. I went home to the apartment we shared to tell him, and when I arrived home, I found that he packed up most of his belongings and left. He left me a stupid note telling me what he was doing, and where he was going, and that he was breaking up with me. The coward could not even do that to my face."

Gage instantly frowns while leaning forward to rest his crossed arms on top of the table as he seriously ask; "Does he know about your baby?"

"Nope," I say, shaking my head at him as I slide the pepper shake across the table between my hands. "I tried on several occasions to tell him for two months, but he never answered my phone calls or texts, so I gave up."

I swear Gage lets out a low, deep from the chest growl at my answer, but I am probably wrong since why would he be upset over how Patrick behaved toward me, and our son even though he does not know about our son.

"That is so wrong what he did, how he treated you and your baby," he says with a shake of his head with a frown.

"Thank you, but it is in the past, and I am almost over it," I shrug, chewing on my lower lip with a shrug of my shoulders.

It really is not fine yet, but I am done trying to tell him, and worry about weather he knows or not about my son. It is his loss, not mine or my baby's.

"Do you know the gender of the baby?" Gage asks as the server returns with our orders.

Grinning at him while rubbing my left hand over my belly where the baby is kicking me lightly as the server places our orders in front of us; "Yeah. I am having a boy."

"Do you have any ideas on names yet?" he questions as we start eating.

"I have already picked out his name," I grin at him as I am proud of the name I choose. "His name is going to be Ean Edward James, his first name is pronounced like the name spelled with an I."

"That is a beautiful name for what I am sure he will be a beautiful baby, just like his dad," Gage says, and my entire body blushes crimson.

"Thank you, Gage," I reply with a tiny smile. "I am going to have Ean call me papa instead of daddy."

Gage nods in understanding, and we spend the entire lunch talking about random topics. I am actually having a wonderful time with him, and I am glad I actually agreed to this.

"I had fun with you today, so thanks for this," I tell him with a soft smile as the server returns with the bill, and to clear away the dirty dishes.

"I had a great time, too," he answers with a grin. "Thank you for agreeing to our 'friend lunch'."

Giggling at him, I reach for the bill to figure out my share plus my share of the tip, but I end up just touching the top of the table instead. Gage has already picked up the paper bill off the table before I can.

Gaping at him in surprise, he chuckles with a shake of his head; "I asked you out to this lunch with me, so I am paying the entire bill."

My jaw drops even wider as I shake my head, and I slightly pout at him; "May I please pay for my meal, drip, and half the tip?"

Gage groans lightly, and I think it has something to do with my pouting, and this slightly shocks me; "Nope. I am still paying, so you can stop pouting because that will not work on me."

"Okay, thank you then," I say with a tiny smile. "But next time, I am paying for our meals and tip."

"We will see, Eden, we will see," he chuckles as he pulls his wallet from his back right pocket of his light wash jeans, and grabs out the correct cash to pay the bill, and leaves some cash on the table for the tip.

As we leave the cafe for the parking lot and our vehicles, he asks; "Do you have any plans now?"

"No, not really, I was just going to head to the baby store to pick up a few items for Ean," I answer with a grin as I feel giddy about purchasing a few more things for my son. "Do you wanna come with me?"

His face instantly brightens at my question of if he wants to join me, and he all but shouts; "Yes! I mean, I would love, too. I will follow you there, so my car is not taking up space when we are not here."

"Sounds good to me," I agree, and that is exactly what we do.

While wandering the baby store, I get the feeling that Gage wants to tell me something, but might not know how to tell me. Perhaps he really did not want to be here, and it is bothering him that I am pregnant.

Stopping at the clothing section, I search through the hanging clothing for anything that catches my attention, and I find a pale yellow, long sleeve onesie that has giraffes littered all over the material. Smiling, I search for a 0-3 months size since I do not have many of those.

"What do you still need for your son?" Gage asks as he comes to stand next to me with a tender smile at the onesie in my right hand.

"Um, I still need to get him some more clothing, a few more bottles, a few more blankies, a few more packages of diapers and wipes, and a few cans of formula to supplement my milk with," I answer.

"Wow, you have gotten a lot already in just a few short months," he says, and he sounds like he is in awe of this.

"Yup," I answer with a nod, and a soft smile. "With every paycheck, I buy things for Ean."