Chapter 22

Eden's P.O.V.

A year has passed since I have reconnected with Gage. I am 24-years-old, Ean had his first birthday two months ago, Gage and Alexis are 26-years-old, Karter and Ben are 28-years-old, and Mrs. McCoy is 51-years-old.

Gage and I started dating three months ago after our friendship fully developed into romantic feelings for each other. Okay, the romantic feelings fully developed on my end since Gage has had romantic feelings for me for a while. We still live separately as I am not ready to live with him in case our relationship ends. We do spend nights together at each other's homes though during the week and weekends.

Ean and I stayed overnight at his place last night (Friday), and the three of us are going to the aquarium this morning for the day. We have an hour drive one way to the aquarium.

"Hey babe, are you and Ean ready to leave?" Gage asks, entering the spare bedroom that he has turned into a room for Ean when we are here.

Looking up at him from the floor where I am sitting to dress Ean in his clothes for the day; "We are almost ready, aren't we Ean?"

Ean squeals in delight as he bounces in his spot with a huge toothy grin at Gage and me; "Yesh! Fi'hie! Pen'in'!"

Ean absolutely loves fish and penguins, and I know those will be the first to we will see at the aquarium.

"Let's go see the fishies and penguins!" Gage cheers, matching Ean's excitement I finish dressing Ean in his a pair of black fleece leggings, black socks, a pair of black faux Ugh boots, and a long sleeve white shirt.

Yes, it is the end of February, and the temperature is starting to warm, but it is still cold outside.

At the front door, I help Ean put on his warm 'Finding Nemo' winter boots, his dark blue puffy winter coat, dark blue matching hat, and mittens that are attached to the end of his coat sleeves. Once he is settled, I pull on my black puffy coat, hat, and boots, and Gage has his green puffy coat, and hat along with his black winter boots.

An hour later, we have finally arrived at the aquarium, and Gage parks before he and I climb out of the car. He gets the stroller from the trunk of the car as I unbuckle Ean from his car seat, and grab his bag from the floor behind my seat. Placing the bag on the bottom of the stroller with Gage pushing this while I carry Ean at his request. Gage insists on paying for the three of us despite my protest, and we head inside to the many tanks of different types of fish.

"Fi'hie!" Ean loudly giggles as we enter, clapping his hands together with wide blue eyes as he takes in everything around us.

Gage and I smile at the joy radiating from Ean, and that makes us joyful, too.

"Oh my gosh, E, look!" I excitedly say, showing him a clown fish just like 'Nemo'.

"'Emo!" he cheers with wider blue eyes as he follows the clown fish as they swim around the one hundred gallon tank.

After watching all of the different fish, we make our way to the penguins, and Ean calls out happily as we watch the penguins play, squawk, and slide around the ice into the water. I think Ean's eyes hold more joy and wonder at the penguins than at the fish. An hour later we have finished wandering around the entire aquarium, including a stop at the gift shop at Gage's request, and now we are heading out to have lunch at McDonald's before heading home.

Entering McDonald's, I ask Ean as I carry him since he is nervous with all the people; "Do you want chicken nuggies, baby?"

"Chicky nuggies, pa!" he happily cheers with a drooly smile.

Smiling, I gently wipe away the drool as we stand in line to order our food. When it is our turn, I order Ean a child chicken nugget meal with apple slices, and a chocolate milk, and a chicken sandwich, fries, and a soda for myself, and wait for Gage to order, so I can pay for the three of us. Gage gives me a confused look as he orders for himself, and I just smile innocently at him in reply to his look.

When the lady says the total for the order, I hand her my card to swipe with a wink at Gage who protests softly at my paying.

"Babe, you paid the aquarium, and the two stuffies for Ean," I softly explain as we wait off to the side for our order to be prepared. "The least I can do is buy our lunch."

"Okay, thank you even though you did not have, too," he softly murmurs, bending his head down slightly to give me a peck on the cheek in appreciation.

"You are welcome," I murmur, noticing that we are receiving a few stares from people which I hate, but I am not ashamed of my sexuality or my relationship with Gage.

When our order number is called several minutes later, Gage steps to the counter to get the tray from the worker, and we fill our cups before grabbing a high chair for Ean, and find a table to sit at.

"No pa! 'ue!" Ean whines softly when I try to place him in the highchair.

"Okay, little E," I softly say, deciding that he is being this way because he is tired as it is almost his nap time.

Settling him on my right thigh, wrapping my arm around him to keep him from falling as Gage opens his box with the food, and opens the chicken nugget container to break these in half to cool off quickly. While Gage does this, I place Gage's food in front of him, and mine off to the left of me, so Ean's food can be directly in front him. Ean impresses me that he remembers, and understands at fourteen months old that he needs to blow on his nuggies to cool these off.