Chapter 17

Gage's P.O.V.

I drove Eden and Ean home from the hospital this morning, and Eden insisted I go home two hours after arriving at his home. I did not want to leave them alone, but Eden insisted that they will be fine on their own, and that he needs to learn how to care for Ean by himself. I do not agree with his thoughts, but he is by far more stubborn than me, so I left for home after debating with him. I wanted to stay for a little longer to watch Ean, so Eden could sleep.

Instead of going home though, I stop at mama's to check on her since I have not seen her in a couple of days. Parking behind her car, I turn the engine off, climb out, and walk to her front door where I knock. Waiting for her to answer the door, and yes, she is aware of my visiting her now.

She opens the door a few minutes later with a cheerful smile; "My baby! Come inside, I have missed you!"

Chuckling at her, I step inside my childhood home, she shuts the door behind me; "Hi mama. I have missed you, too. How are you feeling?"

I follow her into the kitchen where I make us tea as she sits at the island, and she intently watches me as she answers with a smile; "I am feeling fine, Gage. Why do you look tired?"

Smiling tiredly at her with another light chuckle; "I was at the hospital until this morning with Eden since last night."

Mama gasps, making me worried for a second before she excitedly asks; "Did he have his baby? What is his baby's name? Why are you here instead of with them?"

Chuckling at her eagerness, I answer her rapid fire questions; "Yes, he gave birth to Ean last night at 8:05. I am here instead of there with them because Eden wants to do this on his own without any help."

Mama chuckles at my answer; "Well, that is amazing that he had his son! Tell me about the baby? Eden seems stubbornly independent, but at least you were able to take him, and be there with him at the hospital."

Humming at her as the tea kettle whistles, I turn the burner off, and pour the hot water into two mugs with tea bags before placing the kettle back on the burner. Placing a mug in front of mama, I sit down across from her with my own mug.

"He even asked me to stay in the room with him as he birthed Ean since his original birth partner was at a concert three hours away," I tell her. "Eden's baby is adorable! He looks almost identical to Eden with his dirty blond hair, and chubby cheeks. He weighs nine pounds, and is twenty-three inches long."

"Awe, he sound absolutely amazing," mama coos with an excited smile.

"He is definitely an adorable baby," I confirm with my own excited smile. "Eden is on maternity leave for two months. Perhaps one day soon, I can take you to Eden's place, so you can see Eden, and meet Ean."

"I would love to see Eden and meet Ean!" mama hopefully answers with twinkling eyes. "Invite him here or to yours for dinner, so he does not feel the need to clean his place, or feel the need to cook. Let's say next Saturday at 5:30 p.m."

Nodding, I agree to this knowing I will be bringing dinners to Eden for at least the next week besides having dinner next Saturday with him if he agrees to this.

"I will host it at mine if Eden agrees, and I will pick you up, and bring you home if he agrees," I seriously tell her with a look that hopefully relays that I am not kidding.

"Sure baby, whatever makes you happy, son," she chuckles with a roll of her eyes before she takes a sip of her tea.

"That makes me very happy, mama," I reply with a nod, and suppress another eye roll.

I spend another couple of hours with mama before heading home. I made her dinner, ate with her before I left. Once home, I shower, get my jammies on, and wander into the living room to text Eden to check on him and Ean.

'Hey, I do not expect an answer now, but I am wondering how you and Ean are doing?' I put my phone on the couch cushion next to me before I turn the television on to watch a movie before going to sleep tonight.

Before I can start clicking through Hulu, my phone dings, and I am surprised that Eden has answered me; 'Hey. Ean and I are doing good, thanks. He napped for two hours, and so did I. I ordered myself dinner since I do not feel like cooking, and it should be here in ten minutes. I ordered Thai. Thanks again for everything, Gage. How are you?'

Smiling at his reply, it seems he gets very chatty when he is tired; 'I am glad you napped with Ean. I will be bringing you dinner for the next week starting tomorrow. No arguments. Mama and I would like you and Ean for dinner at mine next Saturday at 5:30 p.m. Would you like to do this?'

Eden does not answer for a few minutes, so I scroll through my available options, and pick 'The Fosters' to watch, and start on season one, episode one. Halfway through the second episode, Eden answers; 'Hey, sorry for the delay. Ean needed to be fed, then he had a diaper blowout up to his back, and I had to bathe him, and dress him in new clothes and a diaper after the bath. He is now lying on my chest, fast asleep.'

Chuckling at the time he has had, glad that it was not me; 'No need to apologize, Eden since Ean comes from first. How does he like baths? I am glad he is sleeping, but you should be, too.'

'I will be going to bed soon, I promise,' he sends back. 'Next Saturday sounds lovely, thank you. What should I bring? He loves them actually.'

'Would you like me to pick you and Ean up? Nope, you do not need to bring anything, thanks, though,' I send back with a fond smile.

'I will drive us, thanks. Just remind me though, please?' he sends, causing my grin to widen.