𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒗. the answer

chapter thirty-three, episode four
the answer.

               TO say that bonnie and five were absolutely stubborn at this point to talk to each other is an understatement. they were currently sitting in the same car, vanya went up to where luther was staying to talk to him.

bonnie had her head leaned against the car door in the front, her arms crossed over her chest and her eyes closed. five kept a hand up on the steering wheel and tapped his hand on it with a rhythm of a song. a song that Bonnie knows from the bottom of her heart.

five clearly knew what he was doing. he was trying to get Bonnie to talk to him, even if it was just about the song he was tapping on the steering wheel but bonnie only wanted a question to leave his mouth not another pointless conversation that would lead no where.

five sighed deeply and stopped his tapping and turned his head to look at Bonnie. he couldn't help but admire her despite the fact that she was completely ignoring him. everything about her took his breath away, everything about her made him afraid.

"look bonnie," he uttered putting both of his hands on the steering wheel but keeping his head over at Bonnie who still wasn't looking at him. "bonnie look at me."

bonnie closed her eyes and turned her head over to him. five let out a low chuckle and whispered, "open your eyes."

bonnie is deeply and utterly in love with five. just looking at him, really looking at him makes her melt completely. even if they're not touching or kissing or saying anything, just by looking at him butterflies roamed inside of her stomach. she was terrified of that.

"are you going to let me speak?" five asked raising a eyebrow at bonnie who nodded her head.

"bonnie, you are the most stubborn and the most hardheaded person I have ever met." bonnie scoff looking away from him again but five turned her head again to look at him and he grinned at her, "and if you let me speak before you would have heard me say that i want you to be my girlfriend. even if we might die in a few days but since you quickly left you didn't hear me."

bonnie smiled angelically at him and then a upside smile appeared on her lips. "well you weren't speaking quickly, if you spoke faster I wouldn't have gone a day without talking to you. next time speak a little bit more fas—"

bonnie was cut off from her nervous rant by five who collided their lips together. his hand that was holding onto her cheek roamed up to her cheek and Bonnie wrapped hers around his neck, running her fingers through his back hairs and pulling him closer to her.

five broke the kiss placing his forehead on hers, both of them panting heavily and their eyes closed, savoring the moment. "you never answers my question."

"cause you never asked, dingus."

five chuckled deeply and kissed her again before asking, "will you be my girlfriend?"

"no." bonnie deadpanned jokingly pulling apart from him but seeing the way that his face completely feel made her giggle she pressed a kiss on his cheek and said, "im only joking."

with one last kiss five got out of the car and chased after vanya who was speed walking out of the building with a steady face on. bonnie got out of the car as well not really being able to hear on the conversation that five and vanya where having.

all she was able to hear was that vanya is going back to the farm, she doesn't want anything to do with the umbrella academy, with doomsday and that she won't help them. bonnie watched sadly as vanya got inside of the car and zoomed away leaving five stranded there with a hopeless look.