Morpheus x Lucifer's Daughter Headcanons

- Lucifer was absolutely furious after finding out about your relationship

"Him?" The ruler of hell hissed, staring down at you, stunning, regal, and sweetly terrifying.

But you just stared right back, nodding. Not bothering with any defiance in your tone, it wasn't like Lucifer could do anything to choose who you loved. "Yes, him."

- As Lucifer's daughter, you were quite used to getting your own way and being important

- That was part of the reason that you began to be interested in Morpheus. He was polite to you, treated you with respect, but he didn't fall over himself for your approval like all the demons you had grown up around.

- The first time you had met, when he was an envoy from his kingdom, you thought he was gorgeous.

- And while he didn't tell you, he thought the exact same thing about you

- You were intrigued by his commanding presence, his unshakeably calm diplomacy

- But soon after that, he was trapped in his cage and you didn't see him for a century.

- You would think about him sometimes, a little worried about his realm. You wanted to go look for him, but Lucifer told you that you would like locked up if you dared to.

- When you saw him again as he battled for his helm, you were pleasantly surprised to see him again.

- After the fight, you went up to him. He expected some conflict or anger from you, but instead you smiled at him.

"I applaud your strength. You should me proud, Morpheus." You told him. "I was impressed."

Dream seemed surprised at your words, but smiled at you. "I'm glad, (Y/N). Thank you. Your kind words mean very much to me." You were surprised to see how nice of a smile he had.

- You saw him more after that. Leaving Hell to visit him in the dreaming, and eventually it lead to a relationship

- He was very devoted partner. Although he was a somewhat closed-off person, Morpheus was surprisingly loving.

- He was gentle with you, and honest. You weren't used to honesty after a lifetime in hell, but it was a lovely change

- You were a definite power couple™️, respected by all of the Dreaming and feared by Hell

- He showed you around the Dreaming, letting you see all the beauty in his realm. As you stared around the land in wonder, he was looking at you with similar wonder

- A part of him expected the relationship to quickly grow sour, thinking back to the terrible ending to his past relationships.

- But the longer you were together, the more love and trust you both felt. You understood each other, understood your duties and habits. You both had flaws, but those flaws were forgiven every day.

- Whenever he would have a bad day, or was angry about something, he would storm into your room. Your presence called him, and he would hold you in bed, running his fingers through your hand and tell you what was wrong.

- You were always willing to help him, to listen and offer advice. Just like he would do for you

- You helped each other improve, and inspired each other to be the best you could possibly be

- Every day was a pleasant surprise, knowing that he was by your side