Morpheus Having A Clumsy Partner Headcanons

- If Morpheus was honest, he had no idea how one person could be such a danger to themself. So clumsy.

- Or maybe you weren't even especially clumsy. Maybe his worry just made it seem worse in his eyes.

- You weren't exactly what someone would call nimble. In fact, quite the opposite. It sometimes seemed like you were constantly walking around on uneven footing.

- Tripping over your own feet, slipping and spilling whatever you carried. You felt like a disaster at times.

- Your lover - the King of the Dreaming - however, was poised and fluid. His mannerisms elegant and his stride graceful.

- He had none of the difficulties moving that you did, to the point where your falls began to seriously worry him. You could get bruised and broken far easier that he could.

- So, Morpheus quickly started to make precautions. Keeping you by his side so that he could catch you if you fell, getting one of his subjects to carry around whatever you needed.

- All to prevent any accidents or harm to his love. One of his greatest priorities was your safety.

- So much so that it occasionally got a little overbearing. You began to get tired of him treating you like a child, even if you would admit that he did have a point in his concern.

- He relaxed a little after you confronted him about it, not wanting you to feel patronized or disrespected.

- But you would still noticed things that he did around the Dreaming to make things easier on you.

- Some of the sharper table corners in the library or dining hall suddenly got slightly more curved and less painful to hit your side against, for example.

- Or the stepstools for bookshelves or in the kitchen were sturdier and wider, less prone to tipping over.

- These changes you didn't quite mind. They weren't Morpheus treating you like you were incapable of surviving, but they were just him trying to help out

- In some small sense, they were expressions of his love. Showing you in quiet and simple, yet thoughtful ways how much he cared about you.