And He Is The Sun (Morpheus x Reader)

(For some reason the story got deleted when I first published the chapter. So sorry, and also thanks to the people who gave kudos anyways lol)

"Do I have to return now?" (Y/N) asked Morpheus, who was holding her gently. There was a plead in her tone. Don't make me leave you.

He sighed, kissing her forehead. Hating this moment. He hated stealing away her hope every time he had to let her leave him. "You're waking up." He told her regretfully. "I will see you another time."

He wanted to keep her by his side, but he knew that wasn't possible.

She had asked him to put her into an eternal sleep, so she wouldn't have to go back to hell. But Morpheus knew his own limits. If someone found her sleeping body and killed her in hell, she would be ripped from the dreaming and stuck in hell forever.

And as she faded from his realm, his hands dropped to his sides. Morpheus returned to his duties, hoping she would return soon.

(Y/N) and Morpheus should have never met, should have never fallen in love. She was one of the were-creatures, taken to Hell to act as a guardian of the Underworld. Eventually becoming Lucifer's guard.

But despite her supposed loyalty to the Ruler of Hell, she could still dream. She would enter the Dreaming, reuniting with Morpheus. It was never for long, but it kept her sane in this prison of a Realm.

But her double life wouldn't last long. Lies are common in Hell, demons thrive on untruths. But there's nothing you can keep from the Ruler of the Underworld.

No matter how smart you think you are.

"(Y/N), are you paying attention?" Lucifer's smile was cold and empty, their voice poisonously sweet. "I asked you a question."

(Y/N) was flustered, mentally hitting herself for getting distracted. "What? Oh, I'm sorry my Grace. What was the question?"

"I was just wondering if you were going to tell me about your sleeping trips to visit Dream of the Endless? My enemy."

The breath was knocked out of (Y/N) lungs at that question.

Lucifer knew. They knew about her and Morpheus, and was going to pull her apart by the limbs for it. (Y/N) was horrified. "Your Grace..." Desperation was thick in her voice.

"I can destroy you for this betrayal, Pet." Lucifer was smiling, but (Y/N) had been around them long enough that she could tell how they were truly feeling. They were trembling with rage, thinking about all the ways that they could torture the werewolf.

Fear enveloped (Y/N)'s mind, terrified of her ruler.

But...

She couldn't back down. There was no way out but forward now that Lucifer knew. No way to survive unless she acted like a devil herself. "And risk Morpheus's wrath?" She could see the Devil getting even angrier at that. "If I disappear he'll know exactly what happened."

"You..." Lucifer lunged forward, reaching out to grab her by the hair. "You traitorous little bitch." (Y/N) gasped at the sudden movement, knowing there was no one else in the room to keep Lucifer professional.

But Lucifer suddenly stilled, hand wrapped around (Y/N)'s neck.

The dark smile returned. "And how do you know that Morpheus will do anything? Even if he truly loves you, you really think he cares enough to go to war with hell?" When (Y/N) couldn't reply, they continued. " No, you aren't important and you know it."

"Then why haven't you killed me yet?"

(Y/N) knew she won as she said that.

Knew that Lucifer wasn't going to take the risk. Even if it was likely Morpheus truly didn't care, there was a chance that he did.

Lucifer took a deep breath. "Get out."

The Devil's tone was quiet and murderous, but slowly growing louder. "If I see or heard of you again, I will ruin everything you have. Get out. GET OUT!" They screamed the final sentence, fist clenched harshly at the werewolf girl scrambling away.

(Y/N) ran until she couldn't any longer, and then she kept running until she were out of Hell.

***

(Y/N) stood on the surface of earth, letting the sun shine down on her face. She got ready to call on Morpheus, excited to see him again. As nice as the sun felt, he was better.

But she also felt a sense of worry.

It was obvious that if Morpheus wanted to, he could send her straight back to help. Back into the grasps of Lucifer. If he didn't want to deal with the political damage keeping her around would bring, he didn't need to keep her. But, she knew it was a risk she had to take if she wanted to survive.

"Morpheus?" She called out, only having to wait a few seconds before she could feel her lover's presence.

"(Y/N)?" His voice was music to her ears and she was filled with happiness at the sight of him. "You're here."

She let him pull her towards him, leaning into his embrace. "Lucifer found out. I... I told them that there would be war if I was executed."

The sound of Morpheus's chuckle gave her some relief, but not as much as his words of agreement. "It's true." He murmured. "There would be."

She sighed, collapsing against him. The adrenaline keeping her active was fading as she began to realize that she was safe. He wasn't going to send her back, he did love her. Lucifer was wrong.

"Did you think I would not have avenged you?"

"I didn't know."

"Well, I would have." He was a little disappointed that (Y/N) didn't know that. But he would spend the rest of their future showing her that.

Now that she was out of hell, he didn't have to let her go anymore. The most precious thing in his life didn't belong to someone else anymore.