Make Me A Dream (Morpheus x Reader)

(Y/N) woke up suddenly, breathing deeply. Their mind raced from the nightmare they had just escaped. Covered in cold sweat, they pushed the blankets aside and stumbled out of bed. It was still dark, but they needed to get out of bed.

Needed to escape.

Immediately going to the bathroom and splashing water on their face as they tried to calm themself, (Y/N) couldn't understand what was going on.

Morpheus normally dealt with their dreams, making sure that they wouldn't have to experience any nightmares.

But they had just woken up from an awful one. The type of nightmare that they would have had before they had met and fallen in love with the King of Dreams.

The type that had made them scared to asleep before Morpheus had arrived in their life like a miracle.

And now one came back, and (Y/N) couldn't hide the terrified look in their eyes that they saw in the mirror. Had something happened to Morpheus? Had he gotten bored of calming his lover's sleeping mind?

Closer their eyes, (Y/N) whispered a quick plead to him to come visit them. Trying to summon him to help.

***

When Morpheus arrived to his lover's home, he first spotted them on the couch. Curled up with a cup of tea clasped in their hands, headphones over their ears.

They flinched when they spotted him, scared of him being some stranger who broke in.

Until they recognized who he was, of course.

The tea spilled slightly when they moved. "Shit!" They swore as the hot water splashed onto their hand.

Morpheus stepped closer, taking the cup from them. "Are you hurt?" He asked, sitting down beside them. Filled with concern that they had called for him. "Why did you summon me?"

"I.. I'm sorry." (Y/N) felt a little embarrassed. "I had a nightmare, and you usually deal with them and-"

Morpheus immediately understood what was happening. "Ah, I see." He spoke, calming slightly. "I'm sorry. Was it one of the usual ones?"

He felt a pain in his heart as (Y/N) nodded, truly sorry that he hadn't been able to stop that.

He hated to see that his lover scared in his own Realm. That they were in pain and he couldn't stop it. "I was visiting my siblings, for work reasons. I hadn't been in the Dreaming to supervise your sleep."

He had left the meeting as soon as he felt his lover call.

Honestly, (Y/N) couldn't hide a slight feeling of  relief that there was a reason for their nightmare. Glad that he hadn't just gotten bored.

"I'm sorry if I messed with your work." They apologized.

But Morpheus just shook his head.

"You didn't. I was looking for an excuse to leave. You know what my family can be like." He told they, making (Y/N) chuckle a little before yawning. "Are you still tired?" Morpheus asked gently.

He could only imagine how little sleep (Y/N) had gotten.

(Y/N) nodded and the King of the Dreaming stood up, offering them his hand.

He led them back to their bed, letting them cuddle up next to him. "You don't even sleep." (Y/N) said, head rested against Morpheus's chest.

"No." His deep voice was like a lullaby to them. "But I can make sure that you sleep well."

"I will not let you have those nightmares again."