Dreaming of You (Morpheus x Reader) *Smut*

When (Y/N) had decided to start attempting to lucid dream, she hadn't expected anything to happen. Hadn't expected to walk through the Dreaming in her completely right mind.

Morpheus had gotten somewhat used to the few humans who were aware in the dreams. It wasn't too hard to keep them out of trouble. All that was need was some barriers around their dreams and something to keep them occupied.

However, with this newest dreamer.... maybe he was bored, maybe he just enjoyed looking at her and observing her behaviour. Whatever the reason was, he eventually made himself known to her.

"Hello there." The woman was cautious, not recognizing him from her other dreams. "Who... who are you?"

He stepped closer. Knowing he had an imposing figure but not wanting to scare her away. "Morpheus. I am the ruler of this realm."

"This realm?"

"The Dreaming." He clarified. "The place you arrive in when you dream. This is a small part of it."

He looked around at the dreamscape they were currently in. One that he was quite proud of.

"Can I see the rest of it?"

He looked down at her when she asked that, debating whether to give in to her request.

Finally, he nodded. "Follow me." He transported them outside of his palace, hiding a smile at the amazed gasp that she let out behind him. He was glad that she was impressed.

***

Over the next few week, Morpheus spent more time with (Y/N). He knew it probably wasn't the best choice but whenever he sensed her entering his realm, he couldn't help but want to see her again.

And some people began to notice.

"So... (Y/N), huh?" Matthew landed beside Morpheus, head tilted in curiosity. "You've been spending a lot of time together."

Morpheus's jaw clenched in annoyance. "And what of it?" He didn't enjoy being questioned about his behaviour.

"I just - "

"My time with her hasn't been taking any time away from my responsibilities as King." His tone was harsh. "So unless you can claim that, don't question what I do in my own time."

"Alright boss. I was..."

"You were leaving. That's what you were doing."

Matthew flapped his wings in an offended manner at Morpheus's words. While the King knew he shouldn't have been so rude, someone mentioning (Y/N) was a sore spot for him.

He had his own problems with his closeness to the woman. A desire he hadn't felt in a long time. He liked it when she was around, but hated himself for his feelings.

Speaking of (Y/N), he could feel her return to his realm.

"Welcome back."

"Jesus!" She turned around, realizing who it was. "Oh, hey Morpheus. How're you doing?"

He envied her a little, her ease in which she communicated with people. Even him.

"I'm well, thank you for asking." His earlier annoyance slipped away at the sight of her. "And how are you?"

"Umm." A flicker of something dashed across her face. So quick he almost missed it. "I'm great. Glad to be back."

He smiled at that, also glad that she was back. He continued to show her around the Dreaming, please to be in her presence once more.

At one point, however, she turned in excitement to look at some trinket and grabbed his hand to pull him in that direction. The feeling of her warm hand in his sent a jolt through his body.