And He Is The Sun Part 2 (Morpheus x Reader)

The latest few days had been the best in (Y/N)'s life, freedom feeling like the most wonderful drug. There wasn't a tyrannical monster that she had to be afraid of, that she had to follow ever order.

There was just Morpheus, who she loved more than anyone.

When (Y/N) had first arrived, there had been an adjustment period. The lack of strict rules of what to eat, who to fight, how to move. Her freedom was amazing, it was also terrifying. At first, she was routinely afraid that she was doing something wrong.

But, Morpheus helped her through it. His patience made her love him even more. It made her more confident than she had ever been before.

It wasn't just an adjustment for her, however. Morpheus's staff were shocked to see her at first. Shocked to meet her and for Morpheus to introduced her as his partner.

"Who's that?" Matthew had asked Lucienne later, getting back from a trip to the mortal realm and noticing (Y/N) for the first time. She was sitting beside Morpheus on a railing, looking over the Dreaming in wonder.

Lucienne followed his eyes, smiling when she caught sight of the happy couple. "That, is (Y/N). She's Lord Morpheus's new... significant other."

"Really?" He cawed, flying up to get another look. "I didn't know he had a girlfriend."

"Neither did I. But I believe that she is good for him."

Luckily, the shock didn't last. By the end of the first week, they were already fairly endeared by the werewolf girl. She had made their lives easier by keeping Morpheus happy.

***

(Y/N) tour finally ended in a stunning garden. Fountains spilling bright water in intricate patterns and the most colourful, unique flowers.

"Do you remember this place?" Morpheus whispered against her hair, slipping his hand into hers. "It was where we first met."

She looked around in awe. "It looks so different."

"I had it fixed when you first arrived. I thought that you could have a place that belongs to you."

And it appeared that he was right in doing so. She practically shined in glee, looking around at her gift. In the darkness of what passed in the Dreaming for night, she was like the personal moon. The brightest light among his dark life.

"You intrigued me, when you first arrived." He told her, softly. "All of the were-creatures dream. But the other of your kind, they were entertained by death and battle. You just wanted to see a garden, to plant beauty."

His lover smiled, teary eyed. "You never told me that." She commented, staring at him in wonder and gratefulness.

"Only because it felt to me like letting you in, before you even could be mine. But you're here to stay now, so I can be honest."

"Forever." She agreed. "I dont want to leave."

"Then will you make it official?" He stepped closer, arms wrapped around her waist. "Become the Queen of the Dreaming, and Lucifer will never be able to touch you again."

(Y/N)'s breath was caught in her throat, not believing what she was hearing. "Really?" She knew he loved her, but... For him to offer her this, he was putting this whole world in the palm of her hands. Trusting her with everything he built.

"Really." He confirmed.

She hadn't regained her breath, so she just nodded quickly. She wanted that so much, wanting that bond to Morpheus than meant he wouldn't leave her.

The deep way he kissed her after getting her answer proved it was the right answer to give. "Good." He told her, her face cupped in his hands. "That is a relief to hear."

(Y/N) chuckled at that. He was so glad that she had said yes, like it wasn't the most amazing thing he could offer her.

As he kisses her, his hands ran over her body. Touching her gently but firmly, like he never wanted to let go. Morpheus lifted her up, letting her wrap her legs around his waist. He had them pressed against a wall, his hands pressed against her body.

The garden was hidden in the Dreaming, specifically so that no one could intrude. Meaning that there would be no one to walk into them. Later on, when their jobs as King and Queen got tiring, they would sneak off to their garden quite often.

The only beings in their own little paradise.