Thrones And Crowns (Morpheus x Spouse!Reader)

"And what are you doing up there?" Morpheus asked his partner with a raise eyebrow and a small smirk on his face. "Planning a coup, are you?"

He been searching for (Y/N) around the castle, finally finding them in his throne room. They were lounged on his throne, almost like they were waiting for him to arrive. Of course, it was fairly obvious that was right.

Their smile was teasing and joyful, full of love for their husband. Morpheus could have never imagined there would be someone so happy to exist around him, but he had found that person in (Y/N). He looked up at them, an aura of power surrounding them on their - on his throne.

"Huh, I would make a great Ruler of the Dreaming." Their chuckle was soft as they dramatically pretended to think about his question. "I'd make a great Ruler of the Dreaming."

"I'm sure you would. Although it would mean that you would have to deal with the leaders of the other realms."

He climbed the staircase to the throne, standing in front of (Y/N). It was their turn to look up him, still sitting in his seat. Reaching out, he stroked his fingers over their jaw.

"I suppose you're right." They leaned their face against his hand, seeking out his touch. "It's probably better that I leave that to you."

"Does that mean I get my throne back?"

"Your throne?I thought we were married. What's yours is mine and all that jazz." They had taken his hand in theirs, pulling him closer to them. He was leaning over his spouse, hands on the armrests of the throne to steady himself.

He kissed them, feeling their hands bury in his hair to pull him closer. When they finally stood up, it was to push him into the seat. Sitting onto his lap, wrapping their arms over his neck.

Morpheus pulled them as close to him as he could. "Maybe I should build you a throne of your own? If you like mine so much."

But they chuckled, kissing him gently. "Why would I need a throne when I have you?" It was a fair point, with her on his lap and him on his throne. "I don't need a throne to let people know I'm with you."

"Indeed. Maybe a crown then?" He continued the joke, but they tilted a head at that question. Considering it.

"I could be persuaded on that one."

Morpheus smiled, silently promising himself to get them that crown. After all, he would give them whatever they wanted.

Requested by: @BrittneyLyons2