First Kiss (Desire x Fem!Reader)

As much as it pained her to admit it, (Y/N) had been ignoring Desire all week. Literally and figuratively. She didn't exactly want to, but...

It hadn't been long at all since she had admitted her feelings for Desire of the Endless to their face, and for Desire to tell her that they reciprocated her feelings. (Y/N) had never been so happy in her entire life, scarcely being able to believe that a being as perfect and powerful as Desire could ever love someone like her.

But then, when the initial joy wore off and (Y/N) went home for the night, her insecurities crept into her mind.

She'd never admitted this to Desire, but this was the first time she had been in anything close to a relationship. Hell, she hadn't even kissed anyone before.

And now she was almost sort of in a relationship with one of the most powerful beings in existence. One who - from the looks of them and their behaviour - wasn't unexperienced when it came to romantic and physical attachments.

Unlike (Y/N), who was terrified of the idea.

It wasn't that she hated the thought. On the contrary. The idea of kissing Desire, or doing more, was paradise to her. Everything she ever wanted. But although she knew she could have it, she was now terrified of messing it up.

Thoughts of being terrible at it all ran though her head. The possibility of being a bad kisser drove her into catastrophizing about it. What if Desire judged her? What if they wouldn't want her after it?

She didn't want to ruin things. She knew that Desire could have anyone they wanted, and they could easily find someone who is better at kissing if (Y/N) messed up too badly...

She was in such a state of worry, she didn't even notice Desire appear in her room.

"And what's on your mind, my heart?" The Endless asked, snapping (Y/N) out of her thoughts suddenly. She jumped a bit, covering it up with a nervous laugh.

"Nothing really." She replied, looking at Desire.  They were absolutely gorgeous, as always. (Y/N) never wanted to stop looking at them, never wanted to be away from them.

Their love stepped forward, reacting up to stroke (Y/N)'s cheek. "Well that's a shame." They said with a flirtatious smile. "I was hoping you were thinking about me."

(Y/N) couldn't help but blush at those words, but when Desire leaned forward to kiss her, she backed away. Instinctually, like she had been burned.

Embarrassed flooded (Y/N)'s mind as Desire frowned in concern. "My love?" They asked, taking a hesitant step forward. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing... I just..."

"Don't lie to me." Their voice was soft, but their eyes were... filled with emotions that (Y/N) wasn't used to. Uncertainty and fear and... other things that she couldn't name. "You've been avoiding me. What's the matter? What's changed?"

"Nothing!"

"Did you wake up and realize that I wasn't what you wanted?"

The tone that Desire used when they said those words... it was so less confident than (Y/N) was used to. There was a fear there. A fear that (Y/N) felt. Of loosing this.

"No, no. Of course not! I love you." She rushed out, trying to fix this. "I just... I've never kissed anyone before." Admitted the girl. "And I didn't want to mess things up by being bad at... at it."

Desire paused, absorbing this confession, before chuckling slightly. The laugh wasn't cruel or malicious seeming, so (Y/N) relaxed slightly. "(Y/N), my heart." They started, cupping her face in their hands. "Next time you feel like this, you must talk to me. I don't care if you've never kissed anyone before. I don't care if you're bad at it. I just want you to kiss me. Do you understand?"

She nodded bashfully.

"Good." Desire smiled softly. "Now... may I kiss you?"

She nodded again.

Desire's lips were soft, pressing so gently against (Y/N)'s at first, before taking command and molding their lips together. Their hands were buried in her hair, holding them together like Desire couldn't bear to be parted from them for a second.

The taste of Desire's lips was like a drug, making her brain go fuzzy and filling her with pleasure. (Y/N) didn't know if it was one of the Endless's powers or just caused by the love she had for them. Either way, it didn't matter. All that mattered was the she couldn't get enough of it.

She never wanted to stop kissing them. Mentally scolding herself for taking so long to let this happen. It was better than anything she had ever imagined.

When they finally did separate to give (Y/N) a chance to breath, Desire kept them held together. Their breaths mingling.

(Y/N) was breathing heavily, both from the lack of air and the look that Desire was giving her. They looked like they wanted to keep her here with them forever. And (Y/N) was completely okay with that.

"There is no one I want more than you." They said to the girl. "You are more precious to me than anything. Believe that."

"I do." (Y/N) replied, finally believing it. Letting Desire pull her back in for another kiss.