A 'Little' Something

"So tell me about this guy." Y/N sat next to April with her tray. Lunch time has commenced in school. Their tables was supposedly empty, it's just the two of them. And Y/N thought it was a good time to bring it up. April looked at her friend with half-opened eyes. "Really? Now you wanna talk about it? C'mon, it's lunch time eat up." Y/N was always the wrong time, wrong place person, she never thought about things sometimes. But when her curiosity peaked, it ain't coming down till she gets what she wants. "Oh c'mon, you know him. Just tell me, or you want to keep him for yourself~?" Y/N leaned her face on her hand as she gave April the dreamy eyes. April stopped eating and almost choked on her food. She looked at Y/N with disgust in her eyes. "It's not like that, he's just different."  "Stop stalling! You know I won't stop till I get what I want!" April really feels like Y/N needs a mental check, they're at a public place goddammit. April simply looked away and continued eating, signaling that Y/N also needs to finish her food. Y/N let out a sigh, and used her most effective pouting face. She started a small act while eating saying things like 'I thought were friends' to try and guilt trip. April knows what she's doing, but she can never say no to her with that face. April agreed that she would be willing to tell her about it at a better place, a better time, aka the next time they have a sleepover. Y/N whispered an excited 'yes' and finished her food faster. April just laughed it off, and they finished up. Their next classes are coming up and they still have an entire day of school to finish. April has Spanish next and Y/N has Biology. As soon as they finished their lunch, April started shoving Y/N away to get her walking. If no one forces her to, she wouldn't do it herself. Y/N kept insisting that April needs to chill. Giggles and chuckles were exchanged as they move on to their respective classes. But at the end of the day, there is still secret to be told.

After school ended Y/N asked their parents if she could stay at April's house for the night. Her parents think that she's gone there far too often, but they can't stop her either way. She would always sneak out after leaving a note, although they haven't given her permission. It is bad behavior, but they trusted April could take care of her. They have other business to attend to.  April's mother never had a problem with Y/N staying over, she mentioned that the house seemed more lively with Y/N to accompany April. And it feels like she has a second daughter to take care of. Y/N bolted towards her room, to start packing her belongings. She's just gonna stay for the night, and the rest of the week, she's gonna spend at her parent's house. She hugged her parents goodbye and started sprinting towards the O'Neil household. It is just a few blocks away, and Y/N neverminded the run. She needs some exercise anyway.

As fast as she arrived, she ran towards April's room, hastily hugging and muttering a greeting to April's mother. Y/N has always been the voice of this house, creating ruckus after ruckus. Not the bad type though, Ms. O'Neil actually appreciates the hype created, but she is kinda worried of how her home is doing. Y/N comes over so often that sometimes it looks like she just doesn't want to be in her own home. She insisted that her parents actually like her staying with April and that her parents are more busy for everything else. Although Ms. O'Neil is worried, she loves Y/N very much. She's just hopes that she wouldn't get into too much trouble. Ms. O'Neil simply continues making dinner for the three of them.

Y/N ran up the stairs, almost tripping at the last step. She panted, tired after running an entire block. If this was her first time doing it, she would've passed out on the streets. But it isn't, she has done this so often that it's like training for her. Standing in front of April's door, she took some time to regain her composure. She breathed in and out to fix her breathing tempo.

After awhile, she knocked on the door. A simple code made by the both of them, 'Three knocks, hold, single knock.' That way, Ms. O'Neil wouldn't randomly catch them both doing extreme things like talking to boys or something. April has a lot of secrets.