Arguments And Apologies

A loud crash can be heard from the entrance, attracting everyone's attention in the lair. They all turned to see their brother holding a folded piece of cloth. Donatello trotted past them, throwing the folded tuxedo to its original owner before continuing to his room. Raph grips onto his younger brother's arm, stopping him from leaving. Purple looked back to him with anger in his eyes, his eyebrows connected. He tried to squirm away, but the grip just grew harder. 

"Donnie, what's wrong?" The eldest asked, worried, opposite of his younger brother. Donatello looked him straight in the eyes and shouted, letting his anger take him away. 

"All of you ruined everything! It could've gone so well, but you guys just had to bother me. Well, are you happy now?!" Donatello still tried to break the grip struggling. "You could've just left me be, I had everything under control!" His brother grew weary of his words, they were just trying to help him. They didn't mean to make it worse. "And now I lost her. So have fun." Donatello finally managed to squirm out of his brother's grip, walking towards his lab. 

The others looked towards him, confused about what they did. They just called him because they were worried, was that wrong? 

"I'll talk to him. I can try and ask." Michelangelo said towards his two other worried older brothers. Raphael gave him an affirmative nod, while Leonardo just sat down. Hands held together against his face. This was his fault wasn't it? He just wanted his brother happy. 

Mikey knocked on the door barricading the entrance to the lab. There was a code to the knocks, so that Donnie would know it's Mikey. 

'Knock knock, pause, knock, pause, knock knock.'

It was the only unique sequence that Leonardo will never think of. Because he will simply knock at a constant pacing, without any pauses. 

And yet the door didn't open, it just unlocked. So Mikey had to try and pry to make an entrance for himself. He walks into the lab and sees that it's empty. Donnie did not open the door for him this time, it was an automatic system. Mikey roamed around the room silently, many trinkets are catching his eye but he's trying to focus on one thing at the moment. He made his way into Donnie's bedroom, the bed currently occupied. 

"Hey Donnie, wanna talk about it?" He received no reply. The lump on the bed just shifted and pulled the blanket above its figure. For Donatello, it was a sigh to leave him be. But for Mikey, it was a sign that his brother is frustrated and confused. It usually happens when his inventions never go his way, breaking or malfunctioning in order. The little one sat on the edge of the bed, patting his brother's back. He's the only one who is allowed because he knows a little more than the others. 

"What happened?" The line resonated the room out from its silence. He wanted him to talk about it, so that he can relieve himself of the pressure. But he is also genuinely curious. At first there were no answers, but Donatello pulled the blanket down to reveal himself. His droopy eyes and bags were showing. It was covered by the mask, so Mikey was far more worried when he saw it. "Donnie, have you been staying up again?" The little brother questions, he's worried of course. Donatello was better last week, he had more sleep, less caffeine, and now he's like this. 

"Can you just leave me be, Mikey? I'm not in a good mood today." The little brother frowns, he wanted to help but he doesn't know how to. But it seems like he doesn't have to. Big steps shook the ground as their older brother walked into the lab. Donatello pulled the blanket back to cover himself entirely, not wanting to talk to anyone at the moment. But Raph could see through him. 

"Donnie, I know you're there, and I know you can hear me." The eldest brother says as he enters the room. Blue hiding behind him, supposedly scared. It wasn't his fault, he knew. But he was there, who else was there? Yet Donnie persisted, he kept the blanket above his face. But that didn't do much as Raph pulled the blanket away. Donatello sprung up to shout at Raph but was greeted by everyone looking back at him. 

"We need to talk." Raphael stated in his monotone voice, that's when you know he's serious. Donatello wanted to retaliate against him, but what can he do against someone like Raph? He'll be beaten into a pulp before he even finishes his third word. So he complied, sitting on the bed with his arms crossed against his plastron. He was looking towards his side, avoiding eye contact from any of them. 

"What happened? What did we ruin?" Raph started, this is where the talk was going. Donatello turned his head quickly towards his brothers, his own digits digging into his bicep. Eyebrows twitching in irritation, he shouted, "A date, Raph. I went on a date that was going so calculatedly perfect until YOU completely ruined it!" Eyes still stuck on his brother. Raph's pupils shrunk in shock, "A date?!" he was flabbergasted. And it seems like the others were too, except for Leonardo. He knew earlier, and that was when he got punched by Donnie. 

"Oh you don't even care about the fact that you ruined it, this goes for you to Leonardo." Purple says, flailing his arms before halting it toward his brother, finger pointing right to his face. Leonardo had his hand against his plastron, a frown growing on his face. "Me? What did I do??" Tension in the room slowly fills. "Oh, you snitched on me to Raph. That's what."  "You punched me in the neck!"   "You were being nosy!"

Arguments were thrown towards each other, Red siding with Blue on this one. Purple ranted on how he just wanted to deal with this by himself but no one would let him be on his own. He had everything under control before Leo decided to ruin everything. Red fought back saying that that's what family are supposed to do. They can't just leave each other when they mysteriously leave without a word. He'll worry and look, and he won't just stay still after his brother fought each other. Blue added that he just wanted to help, that he just wants to make sure that Donnie doesn't get brokenhearted. 

"Well I did, and it's your fault."

His statement was loud and clear, striking a small pinch of salt to the already growing wound. And now the bickering continued louder and louder, with each insult being more personal than the other. But it was only the three eldest, the youngest was left to watch them all fight. Tears pricked his eyes as he watched them say things he never wanted to hear. The hatred bubbling deeply in their hearts, pouring itself out as toxic acid that could kill. He had a PhD in multiple cases, and what he sees is killing everyone in this room. 

"Will you guys stop!?" His voice ringed across, shaking everything. The older ones turn to look at their younger brother, crying as he holds his ground. "Why are you guys fighting? I thought we were family. Weren't we supposed to help each other? Why are you guys still fighting? Just say sorry and make up!" Everyone looked down, understanding that Mikey's right. Why were they fighting? They could've just said sorry, more to Donnie could've said sorry. But he was stubborn, he never liked being labeled wrong. 

He can hear soft sobs from his younger brother that just stabs his heart over and over again. He couldn't stand it, he's emotionally unavailable, not a monster. He still understands what Dr. Feelings taught him. He jumped off the bed and brought his younger brother in an embrace. He was never the one to start the hug, or lead it. But just this time, he wants to make things right. Y/N always told him to be gentle with his brothers, they take longer times to process things compared to him. It's just natural, since he's a genius. 

"Fine, I'm sorry. Just let me deal with my own things next time. I'm already 18." He stared Raphael down, for the last part was mostly aimed at him. Donatello released the embrace going back to Raph to take the blanket that was still in his arms for some reason. "Now leave. I haven't had my coffee tonight." Purple says as he tucks himself in for the night. Everyone else understood and said their apologies before departing. Mikey stayed a little longer just to return the hug, making Donatello smile at him before he left. 

'Fuck.'

'Why did I think of her?'