Arrival

'beep' 'beep' 'beep' 'be-' *smack*

"Mm, ugh. Why did it ring so early~? Ugh." 

Bed shuffles can be heard as the figure rises to another day. They took some time to try and freshen themselves. They rub their eyes with their hands, Blinking a few times does help push away the weariness. Just then, they noticed something. 

"Wait a minute, I don't have an alarm.

The figure looks to their side to their younger brother rubbing their head. 

"Mikey?!"

Donatello rose up pulling his brother to him. He scanned his face back and forth to check for any bruises. If he had any, he wouldn't really forgive himself. Mikey nudged him, saying that he's fine. But it is in an older brother's blood to worry about their younger brother. 

"I'm fine, Donnie. I'm okay."

"Why were you playing as an alarm, Mikey?"

"I wanted to wake you up, Raph's got an announcement."

"Oh, I see. Be there in a while."

And with that, the younger turtle skipped his way out of the room. Donatello stood up and stretched a bit, he looked at his bed for a moment. 'Why was I sleeping?' He thought. He has always been doing all-nighters for his entire life and out of nowhere he started getting rest. It plagued his brain, but he decided to leave it be. He got ready, gearing up with his battle shell, goggles, and bandana before leaving his room. He checked his tech wrist watch to see that it is still early. And by early, he means somewhere at 17 o'clock. 

He left his den to depart towards the kitchen, somewhere he'd expect his brothers to be. And his theory was proven correct. His brothers were sitting together at the dining table, eating breakfast he supposed. They don't have the best time tracker here in the sewers, so they just make do with what they got. 

"Oh, there you are, Donnie. Sit down, I have something to say." Raph patted the seat in front of him, and Donnie complied to his brother's command. He sat down on his seat, and Mikey passed with a plate of food. On today's menu, the brothers were having an Asian style fried rice, as mentioned by the cookbook that Mikey owns. After finishing the meals and returning the plates to the sink, Raph stood up from his chair. He cleared his throat before looking at his brother with glee. 

"Alright. Baron and dad came to me this morning and they said that we need to pack our stuff. We're gonna be staying in the Hidden City for a day." Raph pronounced happily. He likes being the one to bear good news, which gives him a small sense of responsibility. 

"Wait, wait, wait We're staying at the Hidden City? Why?" Leo looked at Raph, he simply shrugged. Raph proceeds to open his phone and show his brothers the text messages he got from Splinter and Draxum. Both of them were mentioning some type of reunion with someone. "They wanted to meet someone apparently. We're just there because dad doesn't believe we can take care of ourselves. I agree, you bozos can't even think for yourselves." Leo gasped loudly, an expression of betrayal on his face. He quoted something about independence, but Raph just rolled his eyes. He insisted that they all pack their stuff, they're leaving tonight. 

.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.•°•.

They all gathered around the living room. Each of them carrying their own luggage. Leo brings around five of his own. "What's all that for?" Raph glared at Leo, questioning his intentions. Leo smirked back, "Oh you know~ This one is for my clothes, this on is for my bandannas which are completely unique in their own way, this one is for my vacation clothes, this one is for my weapons, and this one is a secret~" Everyone was staring him down with disappointment. Raph even started a lecture on how he doesn't need all of that. 

"We're only gonna be staying there for one day! You don't need all this!" Leo replied with mocking mimics of Raph's words, which earned him a beating. The boys waited for their fathers to come into play, which took a while since Splinter is very unmotivated. But in the end, they arrived. Draxum said that they'll be leaving with the train, from his hands grew out vines that made a gateway. He looked at Mikey, and he knew what to do. Michael drew a sigil drawing with his emblem, and the gateway glows radiantly as it opens. The boys entered in one by one, but when it was Donatello's turn, Draxum held him back 

"I have business with your friend's parents. You can spend your time with her in the meantime. Try to cheer her up, oh and be careful." Draxum muttered to Donnie, but Donnie didn't understand. "Wait, careful for what?" Draxum looked at him, eyebrows raised. "Protection." Without even explaining anything else, Draxum went in the gateway. Donatello understood either way, and he entered the gateway, feet shaking. 

He chose his seat, which was parallel to Leo's. He could feel the glares he's getting, and his heart didn't help at all. He was overreacting over what Draxum said to him, but who wouldn't really? But he's too young for that, right? No he isn't, he's 18 already. His chest aches, as if there were knives with their edges sharpened. His brain filled with thoughts and chances, he couldn't stop thinking. He hoped that it was true, that there is a way, but he couldn't. He's close to it, close to the answer, or at least the equation to the answer, but he felt stumped. He wouldn't lie when he said he dreamt of a time where they would be together, but does she think the same way? No, of course not, why would she? He's a mutant, and she's human. How many times does he have to say it to himself before he is sure of it. He wanted to be sure of it, sure that there is no hope, no happy ending. But I'm sure you all think otherwise. There was something waiting for him at the end of his story, an ending for sure. But I can't spoil too much, can I? 

He felt shivers ring through his spine, as contact was made with him. He looked to his side to see his brother, Leonardo. Leo had a worried look on his face, like he had seen a dead body in front of him. "Donnie? You okay? I called your name a few times, but you didn't answer." Donatello shoved his brother's hand off his shoulder, whispering reassurance that he's okay. Leo, however, was not convinced. But he decided to just leave his brother for now. Donnie has this weird face that doesn't really scream danger or help, but more so I'm nervous. Which Leo thought was valid, because Donnie was always nervous with new things, except for tech concepts. So he just sat back down. 

And the trains arrive at their destination. Donatello was silent the whole way they went to the hotel, looming suspecting eyes towards him. Leonardo tried doing one of his infamous one-liners, but it just made things worse. 

The others suspected that something must've gone wrong with one of his inventions but they were proven wrong when Donnie's phone rang. He picked it up instantly, stuttering with his iconic greeting. Everyone tried scooting in closer to hear the convo, but Donnie pushed them away with his robot extensions. 

"O-oh, Salutations Y/N. W-what's the matter?"

"Huh? N-no. I'm just fine. Sorry for worrying you."

"R-really? Oh ok then, I'll meet you there?"

"Sorry, yea no, sorry. I umm, I gotta go now."

He hung up, just to see all his brothers circling him like sharks. They were all interested in this person! Of course! Why wouldn't they be? Donnie's talking to someone else rather than his own AI. That's an achievement right there. All of them were intrigued to meet-up with this girl that Donald keeps talking about. They tried to pry Donnie open, but he activated his jetpack and departed. All of them looked at the last spot he was, and they noticed that he actually brought his bag with him. 

Leonardo was angry at the fact that Donnie ditched them for some girl. "What the hell happened to 'bros before hoes'?" Raph instead flicked Leo, saying that they've never said that before. Leo pouts, how dare his twin betray him like that. Oh the agony of betrayal!