Start Up

The bedroom was silent, the beings inside not squeaking a single word. Laying on the bed was your figure, resting in peace. And on the side of the bed was your sister, Reika, hands against her chest. Her gaze went off to the side of the room. On the other side of the room was Donatello, leaning his back against the wall, trying his best to avoid the older girl's gaze. Her gaze stabbing daggers at his skin. How did he get himself in this situation? He was supposed to be by your side, but he cannot seem to even be in proximity of fifteen studs next to you. Your sister was prohibiting it.

"Anyone there?" Your voice was low, but it resonated in the room due to the silence. Both their heads turned towards you, rushing to you. But one was dramatically stopped once he reached the distance perimeter. Reika's glare got sterner as he stopped in his tracks, before backing away. The older sister placed her palm against your throat, it was warm but it felt hollow.

'She needs water.'

The sister stood to her feet, approaching the purple turtle in the room, "If I come back and see you in her proximity or even touching her, I will not hesitate to make turtle soup, got it?" She didn't even wait for a reply as she dashed out of the room to bring you your necessities. Donatello released a breath he didn't know he was holding, dang older siblings are scary. He looks over to you, resting on the bed. But it didn't seem like you were going to fall back asleep any time soon. You seem uncomfortable, very uncomfortable.

You started shifting back and forth around the bed, lifting your arms as if you were trying to reach for something. But you struggled unknowingly, causing your body to roll over the bed. Thankfully, Donatello caught you. He was fast, like a ninja is supposed to be. But he was not as strong as his brothers, for some reason, your body felt heavier than the last time he caught you. But that was not the case, you're struggling far too much. You didn't know who was grabbing a hold of you, so your flight or fight response activated. And you chose flight.

Donatello was trying to put you back to bed, but your relentless struggles are making it so difficult for him. "Hey, it's just me. Don't. Worry about it." He paused in the middle of his words, because you might've just slapped him. But he forgives you for now, you're disabled after all. It was just a reaction from instinct. You stopped struggling after his sentence, giving him the opportunity to get you back to bed. But it was too late as he heard the door bust open. Your sister's face was growing with rage.

"Wait wait wait, it's not what it looks like. I was trying to help her and she almost fell off the bed, but I managed to catch her before the collision. I was not trying to do-" "Who are you talking to?" Your voice halted his rant, now both Donatello and Reika were looking at you. But you couldn't tell, not with the darkness voiding your eyes. Your older sister looked towards the terrapin, but not with anger this time. She instructed the turtle to be her mouth, to communicate with her sister. Because she can't, but she still wants to be by her side. "Tell her it's just me, I got the water." Donatello repeated her words to you, and your eyes softened from its fear lock. "I'm really thirsty, thank you." Donatello helps you sit upright, still getting stared down by your sister. But now, she isn't as threatening as she was before. The girl passed the water cup, before going back to her original spot at the side of the bed.

"Hey Don, what's my sister doing?"

"Oh, she's sitting down by your bedside at the moment."

"It's dark, Don. I can't see anything."

He was scared for you, you're left in darkness alone with no one else. And he can fix it in any way. Your mother had explained that there was a curse, and that him rushing immediately for you helped lessen the pressure and durability of the spell. And it created a gateway of entrance, so that the spell can be broken faster. And yet it still hasn't, the necessities needed for the ritual are scarce. All he can do is be your voice for the world, and he will for yours. It is a fair exchange.

"Do you understand what's going on?" The room filled with voices once again. The older sister looked towards the purple turtle, etching him to back away once again. Donatello nodded to her question, he wasn't fully sure but he was notified. "No matter how much I hate you, you're gonna have to help us through this." Donatello once again nods to her words. He wouldn't really understand why your sister would make such a mess over it, but he never had his brothers in this situation before. He wouldn't mind if Leo went blind, but he would understand where the pain was coming from if it was Mikey.

"Don't even think you're free to do whatever. Make one simple mistake, and I'll have your eyes as earrings." Donatello took a second to register the imagery, and he regretted it immediately. He gagged at the thought, almost barfing at the thought. 'Who the hell would wear that?' He thought to himself, but he kept the threat in mind. She is not playing around. He knows, because he had Raph do similar things. Things that he would not like to recall.