A Mishap

The two walked together, the turtle deciding that it would be more enjoyable to not rush it. Walking through the streets, they conversed about their moments. But everyone had things they didn't want to share. Donatello's being his family. Y/N would always love to talk about his family, due to the fact that her large expanded one is broken. It has only been her small family and a few additions. According to her, the turtles are all unique. Having special abilities and roles in the family, she doesn't necessarily have that. Her sister had to leave to go abroad four years ago, so it was just herself for a long time. But now she's back, and Y/N doesn't want to miss the opportunities to do sibling things again. So it would be a difficult topic for Donatello to avoid. 

They have arrived at the spot they were supposed to be, it was a platform in the sky. Using a magic elevator, they stepped onto the levitating earth. At the center was an area, light with fairy lights and decorated with flora. Under it all was a picnic area, large enough just for the two of them. 

"I did not expect something like this." Y/N giggles at the scenery. Her stomach filling with butterflies that she tries to keep in. There were so many things to take in at the moment. The narcissist introverted turtle prepared this for someone else, that says many things. Good things. 

"Preparation time was short, so it's all a bit rushed." Oh who was he kidding, he's not fooling anyone. He's planned this all far back. He's prepared for every scenarios after all. "I do apologize for that." He's just trying to sound cool at the moment. He doesn't want her to know that he panicked the last minute that he even asked Mikey to bake some backups. Just in case. 

"No no no, that's okay. Anything you make is great." The girl compliments the turtle. He has always been a genius, of course everything he's made is great. He kniws that himself, but his face just starts to slowly burn as he took it in. He was never good at these emotions thing. But he's willing to try. 

The girl sat down on the blanket, patting the spot next to her for the turtle to sit. He complied, but scooted just a little further. He doesn't want to invade her personal space after all. He wants to make a good impression. 

They started talking again, picking up where they left off before. Y/N was talking about the upcoming lessons, asking the turtle if he wants to join. Of course he would say yes, he would take any chance to spend time with the girl of his dreams. Some weirdo just like him, positively. Someone who cares. Someone who'll be there. Besides his family. 

As time passes, topics switches. From magic to school to hobbies. Just your normal genuine date, nothing out fo the ordinary. But in between each conversation, a buzz sounded constantly. It was Donatello's phone, but he doesn't even bother picking it up. He just kept listening and talking. Y/N noticed this small detail, but she doesn't want to bother the turtle's chats. So she waited, till the time is right. The longer time goes, the faster these buzzes keep coming. Till Y/N has had it. 

"Hey Donnie, can I borrow your phone? I kinda forgot to inform my parents about the date." That was a total lie, for she has talked about it to her sister. Who will definitely talk about it to her parents. If they didn't know, Big Mama's goons will be sent her way. Which wouldn't exactly be romantic now would it? 

The turtle was too absorbed in his monologue to even notice he buzz as he hands his phone to the girl. He sat back, arms on the ground holding his weight, as he waited for her to finish before continuing his topic. But that didn't happen. He watched her tap his phone, the light softly reflecting on her face. Her face looking normal, beautiful as always. Till hereyebrows pushed against her forehead. She held the phone so that it will face him, and she tapped on the green button.