Two Sided Story

The next few days go on at a steady pace. The [L/N] Family kept Donatello close, him being the only way to communicate with you. Donatello couldn't stay forever whoever, he still had his own family to take care of. As much as he wants to stay with you, your parents convinced him that you'll be alright. 

It was quite the struggle trying to speak to you when he's not around, but your sister was far too desperate. She spent all her loose time learning braille, so far as to get you to learn it too when Donatello returns. With his help, she managed to build a braille monitor, which would quickly display the braille as she typed her words into a keyboard. 

She was ecstatic when you managed to read your first sentence and she continued learning alongside you. Donatello was still needed whenever he can, considering you haven't learned the entire braille dictionary supposedly. And sometimes you struggle to remember, and he would gladly refresh you on the data. 

Your parents were working hard going everywhere along the Hidden City to find the ingredients for the ritual, it was tedious considering how scarce the materials were. But they persevere, for you. 

Reika really wanted to help you, slowly remembering every single promise that she made to you when you were kids. Every place she'd take you resonated in her mind, but it hurts like lava. It was a constant reminder of how she had never fulfilled them, slowly piling up as a tall mountain of words. She wants you to be okay, but she can't help but feel helpless. 

Was it her fault that you were into this mess? Thinking about it, if she had stayed and took the bullet for you, you'd be alright. If she had not tried to get stronger, to learn even more, she could've been the target. That might be selfish, but what can she do?

It was hard for her to think of any other way without sacrificing herself, but she had an idea. 

◌⑅⃝●♡⋆♡•♡⋆♡●⑅◌

"Hey Donatello." The elder sister's voice rang into his ears as he entered the household. It was his shift now, and she would usually accompany him, or more to watch his every move. But it seems like today will be different. 

"Can you watch over her while I go out? I might be gone for a while." 

Donatello scans her figure up and down, seeing that she's in some type of fancy getup. "And where may I ask?" Although he's a little enlightened that she's leaving, this is very out of character for her. This is far off from her overprotective sister nature, one that he can link to April's behavior. 

"Just foraging, none of your business." Her eyes glared at him, burning his figure. But he's gotten used to it over the days he took care of you, it still feels belittling however. Silence looms over them as Reika took something from the cabinets of the living room, Donatello managed to snatch a glimpse of it, and it seemed familiar to the crystal he had caught her using at the mall. 

"Take care of her." Her voice was stern, but it wavered with some hint of guilt and regret. Donatello's not one known for his emotion cue readings, but he can read verbal cues. It was his turn to stare Reika down, his drawn eyebrows tailored together with a frown. 

Reika, however, pushed him aside and left towards the front door. She stopped just in front of the gateway. Her head turns slowly back, her eyes looking outwards. 

"Take care of her when I can't. You can do better." Her voice was soft as she departed, and it left the terrapin in confusion. It felt like a praise, but also a request. He's now considering what could possibly be that your sister is doing. But he rushed to the room you're currently occupying, finding himself by your side.