Realization

"Donnie?"

Ah shit. 

"Haha! Raph! Good morning, how are you?"

"Donnie."

"What up, Raph! How u doin? Haha! nervous laugh......."

"Donnie."

"Uoh boy."

"Yes, Raph?"

"Where. Have. You. BEEN!"

"I was so worried! You didn't even come home last night! Did you get kidnapped? Did you hurt yourself? Were you ambushed? WHO DO I HAVE TO BEAT UP?! "

Raph gripped my shoulders and started shaking me back and forth. His muscular build is forcing his grip into my skin. He's worried, alright. 

If he would've kept doing it, I might have a headache, ugh. 

He has every right to be worried but...... This is a little overkill. 

"Raph, Raph, chill. As you can see, I'm alright.

"No worries, I'll just go to my-"

"No! You were GONE. Of course, I'm worried!"

"What if you were gone and I couldn't help you? What if you were held hostage and ransomed against us?!"

"Yea yea, look. I'm sorry that I didn't come home last night, but I swear I'm okay."

"I was simply caught off guard by April's friend."

"Caught off guard?"

"She saw you?"

"N-no. No, Raph. She didn't, thanks to my ultimate ninja skills, of course."

"Donnie, be honest with me. Did she see you?"

"No, Raph. Once again, I am very cautious with my steps. I'm fine."

*sigh* "Sorry, it's just umm. I worry for you sometimes, Don. With you being a soft shell and all."

"Ugh, please don't talk about that. Anyways, I still have things to do in the lab, I'll catch you later at breakfast, k?"

"Alright. See you, Donnie."

"Goodbye brother."

He had every right to be worried......

If that girl was an enemy face, then I'm sure I wouldn't have made it out of that territory alive. 

But she wasn't, and now I'm having weird and mixed feelings about this person. 

Half-yokai, half-human. Such an incredible piece. 

I ponder what her RNA and DNA helix strands would look like. Perhaps she has some mutant genetics active currently, how else would she have noticed me stealthily cornered up. 

But, I doubt that I will even get to say any more greetings towards her. She's human after all. Mutants and humans don't match. 

....

.....

And yet her family contradicts that statement fully.