Chapter 2 - New Friends And Weekend Plans

This chapter is dedicated to preciousadeyeye. Your comment made my morning 😊.
.
.
.
       My brother goes to his classroom after a few directions and I hurry to the bathroom to clean up before many people see the mess I’m in. Luckily, I meet Chichi, a friend of mine since forever (and by forever, I mean JSS2) on the way and she helps me clean up.

     The shirt isn't back to normal but we’re able to salvage the situation. By then, the first period has already begun. I don't really know what we have, but I find out from Chichi that it’s just a little orientation and revision type of class so it's not like we'll miss anything serious.

     We walk into the classroom and I try to keep my head up even when my uniform is almost wet from us using water to wash the mud off.

      "Stop right there. You think you can just walk into my class when you're late?" The teacher asks.

     Looking at him now, I realize who it is. Of course, it has to be him. The worst and meanest teacher Crestwood has to offer Mr James, our financial accounting teacher.

      I look at Chichi as if asking her if she knew and she just shrugs. You have got to be kidding me. “Erm...good morning sir. We're sorry for running late there was a bit of a situation and—” I try to explain but he cuts me off.

      “And what type of situation is that?" He asks, pushing his thin framed glasses down the bridge of his nose.

    This is when Chichi speaks up. "With all due respect sir, I don't think we need to explain the details of the situation. It's practically raining cats and dogs outside," she says, crossing her hands across her chest.

     Chichi always had that attitude. The 'I-don't-care-about-anything' attitude. She always acted on impulse. Consequences be damned.

      "I certainly have not missed your tone, Miss Peters," Mr James says, bringing me back to reality.

         "Neither have I," she mumbles under her breath, probably so he won't hear and I laugh.

        "What's so funny, Adeshina?" He asks accusingly.

       "Nothing sir," I reply and drag Chichi with me to find seats.

       Unfortunately, we can't find two seats together so, I have to seat with Isaac. We aren't friends but we were friendly.

        Chichi on the other hand, sits reluctantly with Jamiu, which is kind of funny because Chichi doesn't like Jamiu. Something about him just ‘ticks her off’ but if you ask me, I think it's because they're so alike. I'm not sure if anyone could hate Jamiu. I pull out my notebook and get ready for yet another boring accounting class.

        "So, were you saving a stray dog or is this just your look this term?" He asks chuckling and I shoot him a glare.

        “Not funny.” Mr James scribbles ‘revision’ on the board and I do the same to my notebook.

     "I just wanted to get a reaction out of you. So, what really happened?" He asks, probably out of curiosity.

      “Well, if you must know, I sort of fell.” I lower my gaze feeling a bit embarrassed because let's be honest, who falls in the rain. Some people do but still.

       "Sorry about that. I feel the need to introduce myself though, Isaac," he says stretching forth his hand with a laugh.

      "I know who you are," I reply smiling. I take the offer for a handshake and tell him my name. "I'm Kemi." And that’s how I find a new friend, wet and covered in mud residue.

       The rest of the week kind of flows by in a blur with teachers just giving us revisions and some of them giving us big ass assignments (cue the eye roll) and us just soaking in the fact that we were now in our final year. Friday comes by. The best day of the week.

         We are all walking out of school and by we; I mean Jasmine, Sophia and I. Chichi, of course isn't here because she has to stay after school to do some stuffs and those stuffs she will explain later but I think it involves her and a teacher having a talk.

       Jasmine is talking about us coming to her place this weekend for homework and to hang out but I’m not sure. I can already see my mom finding a thousand and one reasons why I shouldn't go.

         “Kemi, are you in?” Sophia's the one to ask and everyone turns to me.

       “I’ll have to check in with my mom first,” I reply adjusting the strap of my backpack.

         “Okay, just text me if you're coming or not,” Jasmine says. I just nodand we all disperse. I wait for my brother and when he comes to the front gate, we walk home. I like walking home. It helps me clear my head plus, it's not even that far but Kiiti complains all through.

      By the time we get home, I’m so close to loosing my mind. "Iteoluwakiiti, I have had enough. Aren't we home now?" I yell, fuming.

      "We would have been home sooner if you had agreed for us to take the bus," he says, folding his arms. I’m thinking of how to beat some manners into him or better yet ship him off in a box when my mom walks in.

        "What's all the noise about eh, Kemi?" She asks, putting her hands at akimbo.

       "Mummy, good afternoon," I first greets before beginning my rant to which she replies.

       "Your son is giving me an attitude I don't understand," I say, giving Kiiti the stink eye.

        "Which attitude is that?"

      "She's talking to you na," I say, gesturing for him to go ahead.

      "Is it not you she's looking at?"

      "Explain the attitude before I land a slap on your cheek."

       "Mommy, she wants to slap me."

      "That's enough!!"my mom yells.

        "Enough about this matter. Kiiti, apologize and you two inside now."

       "Kemi, I'm sorry," he mumbles and rushes upstairs as I follow my mom back into the kitchen where she’s cooking jollof rice.

        "Do you need any help mommy?" I offer.

         "No, I've got it. Go and wash up," she replies, waving me away.

      "But I can help you—" I start, already going to pick up the knife to help dice the carrots.

       "Didn't you hear me?" She asks. I don't wait to be told twice before I hurry out of the kitchen and run straight to the bathroom. How exactly am I supposed to bring up the hang out when she's in this mood?

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. It's really long I know. By the way,who else loves Fridays????
Keep voting, commenting and sharing. XOXO