Chapter 20 - Shopping Sprees And Hugs

Okay o. My people, up there is Michael 😊🔥. I hope I did justice to his character.
This chapter is dedicated to__toyosi. She has been an absolute doll this past week😭❤️. Make sure to check out her book, TRAPPED. It's a bomb🔥
Back to the business of the day....
.
.
.
.
Exams are finally over and I feel relief. The term is coming to an end. The preparations for the ball are in full swing. I don't really want to be in the shoes of the social prefect's right now but I tried volunteering as much as I couldto make their work load lighter. It's currently Saturday and I and Jasmine are up in my room doing absolutely nothing but staring at our phone screens.

"So, what are you wearing to the ball?" Jasmine asks. I glance up at her and turn my attention back to my phone. I had told her about David asking me to the party.

"I don't know. I haven't gone shopping yet" I reply shrugging.

"What are you waiting for?"

"I haven't had the time"

"You are so slow. I've gone to two shops already but I haven't found the dress" she says. I can't even pretend to be surprised. That's Jasmine. She never misses an opportunity to go shopping.

"I'll go later"

"You know what? We're all going together to the mall on Monday and I'm not taking no for an answer" she says wagging her index finger at me.

"Yes ma'am"

♥ ♥ ♥

"What about this one?" She asks raising up a sequined body con gown.

"Too flashy" I say dismissing it with a flick of my hand.

"Okayy. What about this?"

"Way too short"

Jasmine groans. "Kemi, at this rate you'll be wearing jeans to the party" she says with an eye roll.

"I'll gladly take that option" I say with a smile.

We're all at the mall and when I say 'we' I mean, Jasmine, Sophia, Chichi and little ol' me. We've been searching and searching but we've not found the perfect dress for any of us.

"I think I'll join you on that" Chichi says looking at a pink princess dress with disgust. I just laugh. I'll like to see Jasmine get her into a dress. I and Soph are on a sofa in the store while Jasmine is pulling out anything and everything to see what we'll like from the never ending supply of dresses and Chichi is well.... condemning every dress in her sight.

"You know what? I give up. I refuse to be put in constraining dresses" she says with a huff landing in between Sophia and I.

"What about a jumpsuit?" A shop attendant asks. At that, she perks up.

"Red?"

"I've got you covered" she literally leaps out of the chair and follows the attendant. Jasmine just mutters something like one down, two to go. Sophia isn't even interested in the slightest. She's so engrossed in her phone. Well, not for long because Jasmine grabs it out of her little hands.

"Hey!!"

"This is supposed to be fun" she says shoving the phone in her back pocket. "Which color do you even want to wear?"

"Well... Isaac said blue" she answers with a blush. I can't help squeezing her cheeks. She looked so cute. She glares at me over her glasses and I just laugh at her lame attempt.

"Have you even looked around?"

"Uhh....you see...no" she says and Jasmine dragw her deep into the store. I stand up too to look around. I want to wear white but the whites I had seen online were looking like wedding gowns which is a no no, so, David suggested we wear black. I love black and I know we'll look amazing in it.