Chapter 9 - Wise words And Interviews

Enjoy lovelies 😘🥰
.
.
.
.
      We were all sitted at the cafeteria waiting for Isaac and the guys. We were becoming inseparable by the day. The cafeteria was serving fried potatoes and tomato sauce. Yummy indeed. Soon enough, we saw them approaching but they weren't wearing their usual smiles. What's up with them?

       "Are you guys okay?" I asked popping a chip into my mouth but the tomato sauce dropped on my face and I turned red in embarrassment knowing they were looking at me.

       "We should be asking you that" Benji said taking the empty seat by my right.

      "It's okay to not be okay" David said looking at me with concern. I'm not that fragile na. Do I look like egg??

I really just wanted to forget that incident as it was and besides, I was really enjoying lunch today. Who am I kidding? I enjoy lunch everyday but still....

        "You're right. I'm really not okay but I really want to enjoy lunch right now" I said giving him the puppy dog eyes. At that, Jacob burst up laughing.

       "Forget. You no get sense walai. Something like that happened and it's food that's doing you" he said trying to control his laughter while everyone joined him. When he was done, he tried stealing a piece of potato chips. He was sat opposite me. I slapped his hand away.

       "And as my friend, you're supposed to comfort me and not steal my food. I do not share food. Get your own" I said pulling my food closer to me.

        "Sharing is caring" he said pouting. Hold up. Jacob. Pouting!!! I really need a pic of this.

        "Then it's a good thing I don't share with you so you won't get the wrong idea" I retorted and stuck my tongue out at him. Childish, I know. Leave me.

       "Foodie" he said also sticking out his tongue but I just froze. Maybe I really am a foodie. That's what Stephanie said anyways. What she right about other things too. Was I really second to Jasmine to the point that I won't be considered? I didn't realize that I zoned out until I saw David's hand waving in front of my face. I grabbed his hand and rolled my eyes. I'm fine. Perfectly fine.

      "Sorry. I kind of spaced out" I said sheepishly.

       "Obviously" Jacob said with an eye roll.

    "Are you sure you're okay, Kemi? Yo probably wouldn't want to say what's bugging you but we're here for you" Isaac said with a sad smile.

      "I know that and I appreciate that alot but can we just talk about something else?" I asked a bit pleadingly.

      "Kemi,not talking about your problems and running away from them doesn't make you look strong or even be strong" Benji said and turned back to his food.

    I wasn't running away. I was just avoiding talking about it. Oh wait. That's running away. See eh me I'm tired abeg. But those were wise words. I'll talk about it later when I don't have all these thoughts running through my head. But it'll be weird talking to Jasmine about it. Oh well.

   "I'll think about it Benji" I said with a smile. Lunch went on after that. Although, it was sort of tense probably because of me but it was okay.

        I didn't really have time to think about what everyone said during lunch because the next day was going to be the interview of potential future prefects and I was successfully on that list. I needed to perfect my speech. Let's just hope everything goes according to plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      Wednesday came and I was nervous, confident and excited at the same time for the prefect ship interview. To sum it up, I was a whirlwind of emotions. I needed today to be perfect and it must most definitely be perfect.