Chapter 14 - Reminiscing And Drifting

Remind me again why I wanted to come to school because sitting in Mr Oladejo's class I've forgotten the reason. Shey I should not just fake an injury? I've been saying I wanted to get a tutor. I think now's the time. I got my train of thoughts interrupted by a nudge on my arm. I looked to my right at the perpetrator. Isaac.

      "Are you okay? You look a bit lost" he asked.

     "I'm having the time of my life" I replied sarcastically resting my head on my right palm.

     "You know, I could help you after class if you want. We could study during break or a free period" he offered.

    "Really?" I asked perking up.

    "Why not? I mean only a genius like myself would offer to teach you" he replied with a smirk. I just deflated.

     "Very humble of you" I said with an eye roll and I told him about us having our first session during break. Maths has always been my problem. I love calculating. How else will I survive Mr James but maths was where I got stuck.

     During break, Isaac and I went to the library to start studying. Unfortunately, that meant no food but me being the foodie I am, I brought my bag containing chocolates and cookies with me. Isaac just laughed and shook his head when he discovered the junk I was carrying.

    "It's for both our benefits" I said pouting.

     "They'll sha use food and do you" he said but we still shared the snacks for both of us and ate silently. We picked a sit deep into the library so the librarian won't catch us too quickly.

       Crestville had two libraries. One for junior and another for senior. With over thirty shelves, the library was huge but then again most parents sponsored the library.

    "So, what should we start with?" He asked opening two textbooks in front of us. This was going to be a long break.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "So, we'll use the cosine formula to find PR then from there it's pretty much easy" Isaac explained taking reference from the textbook and making 'bearing and distance' sound like 2+2. It's not.

    "So, we'll use cosine formula and then use sine right?" I asked confused.

    "Yup". I just nodded. It was at that moment that the librarian, Mrs Akpan came to inform us that the break was over so, we packed up and left. On our way, we bumped into Jacob. I haven't really talked to him since the incident. Even online. He just made sure he checked up on me from time to time and he made small talk. That was it.

    "Where have you guys been?" He asked looking at us skeptically.

   Isaac was about to reply but I beat him to it. "You're seeing us holding textbooks. Where else would we have been?" I asked giving him a pointed look.

      "What Kemi meant to say was that we were studying in the library" Isaac replied giving me a nudge in my side.

      "Oh. I guess I'll see you guys later" he said awkwardly and left.

     "You can be so snappy at times. Sometimes worse than Chichi" Isaac said and continued walking to class. What did I do now?

  Once I got to class, I noticed our Commerce teacher wasn't around. I walked to my sit only to find Chichi there. "Where have you been?" She asked.

     "Reading" was my only reply before I attempted to sit in her lap.

    "Reading what?" She asked again before pushing me away.

     "Maths" I replied attempting to sit down again.

   "What is it?" She asked pushing me again.