Chapter 8 - Bullies And Mantras

Double update things💃💃🌹
.
.
.
.
      I didn't feel better in the days that followed. I was thinking more. That conversation shouldn't have affected me like this but it did. My friends sort of figured out that I wasn't in a good mood they just didn't know why. Home life was still the same. I just tested my mom's patience a little more. When I'm in a bad mood, I won't care about most things and I'd listen to music more.

       I was still excelling in class, I needed good grades and prefect week was this week Wednesday. Today's Monday and I was having Biology. The teacher was revisiting what a cell was. I liked Biology and I loved the teacher, Mrs Aliu even more. She was really nice and very understanding. You could tell she was in love with the subject she taught. Isaac nudged me in between the lesson and I turned to him.

      "You good?" He whispered looking really concerned.

       "Of course I am. Why wouldn't I be?" I whispered back sending him a small smile to reassure him but he wasn't convinced.

        "You're behaving off" he said staring at me intently.

        "I'm fine" I said and turned back to concentrate on the lesson.

      Throughout the lesson, I felt him burning holes through the side of my face with his eyes but I didn't say anything mainly because I didn't have anything to say.

       I paid rapt attention to my lessons till it was lunch break. The cafeteria was serving jollof rice and I got that. Lunch was cool. We laughed and joked and I forgot why I was even in a bad mood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Tuesday rolled by and as I got ready for school, it was safe to say that I was fine. I got thinking yesterday, like alot, like 1 am type of thinking and I've realized something that I should have thought about a long time ago.
I'm me. Unapologetically meIf people don't like me for me then, that doesn't matter because I'll always like me and be me. Self love is game.

     I got to school feeling cherry. My mantra still stuck in my head. I got to class and arranged my things for the lesson ahead, Commerce. I loved calculations and I was hoping to become a financial accoutant in the future or dive into business administration.

    I was about opening a novel I was about to finish since I still had time before the lesson, Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie when Stephanie stopped me.

      Ladies and gentlemen, let me introduce you to Stephanie Daniels, the most annoying person on planet Earth. She takes absolute joy in bringing others down and I hate her. I know hate is a strong word but that's exactly what I feel towards her. How can someone bully her own set mates?? It's insanity.

       "Hey Stephanie. What can I do for you?" I asked plastering a tight smile on my face that no doubt looked fake.

         "I heard...." She's always hearing. If she's not hearing, she's talking. I don't even understand the girl. "Are you listening to me at all?" She asked staring me down.

         "I'm sorry what??" Okay so maybe I zoned out a bit.

    "I asked if it was true" she said.

     "If what is?" Okay, I think I'm already sounding dumb but I was really confused.

   "That you threw yourself at Temi but he ended up liking Jasmine" she said with a smirk. If I woss this one slap, that her mouth will go to the back. Who threw herself at who?? E be like say this one dey ment.