Chapter 7 - Intrigue And Insecurities

We're back to our usual schedule now. I hope you'll like this chapter 😊
.
.
.
.
I just took a sit and sat down. The whole SS3 didn't have anything for first period so we just did our thing without making too much noise. I wanted to enjoy the serenity of the garden and I was a bit sad that I didn't have a book with me.

   "Hey" I heard two voices say at the same time.

    "Oh...hey. Weird combo but hey" I said laughing a bit. It was David and Jacob approaching me.

   "Did you come here with the hope of finding me?" Jacob teased.

   "Not even in your wildest dreams will that happen" I said rolling my eyes.

    "Ouch" he said clutching is chest and laughing.

    "Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something" David said pointing at us and looking at us weirdly.

   "We're friends deal with it"Jacob said rolling his eyes.

    "We're acquaintances"I corrected. "I don't friend people that easily".

   "The last time I saw you guys talk was probably JSS3. Did you guys fall out or something?" David asked again sitting by my left.

    "Ask this one because me sef I don't know. I became invincible to him" I said rolling my eyes.

  "You weren't invincible to me and can we please not talk about the past?" He asked rhetorically sitting on my right.

The bench was really long. It's supposed to accommodate five people so, we weren't touching each other. I just shrugged and David sort of nodded his head.

  "Is Benji really vexed with Chichi?" I asked suddenly. I didn't want the silence to become weird.

   "Far from it. He's intrigued by her"    David said laughing. I've come to realize that David wasn't quiet at all. He just looked like it probably because most nerds are quiet. Stereotypes I know. Jacob on the other hand, is a mystery to be unfolded.

      "Sure. He's probably intrigued about how it would look like if he strangled her or something like that" I said slowly nodding my head to add dramatical effect. They both just laughed.

    "That's definitely not it but that's a pretty wild guess" David replied still laughing.

"My imagination is really broad" I said grinning from ear to ear.
I didn't mind the silence after that. It was really comfortable and we were all lost in our thoughts. I was thinking about Benji and what intrigued him about Chichi and I also wanted to know what the two guys beside me were thinking.

    "A penny for you guys thoughts?"I looking at them both.

"A penny is way to small for my thoughts princessa" Jacob said trying to ruffle my hair but I moved. My people, I've been upgraded from baby girl to princessa.

     "Who and who are the princesses? Me that I'm a queen. And what's with all the pet names? My name is Kemi. Ke - mi" I said breaking it down and demonstrating with my hands.
"Understood?" I asked raising an eyebrow at him while David tried to stifle his laughter.

    "Okay"he said and paused and I thought that was it till I heard the next word. "Princessa" he said with a smirk.

  "You're not even Spanish" I said feeling frustrated. Is Kemi that hard to pronounce??

    "Are you sure I'm not missing anything? I'm seeing something brewing" he said wiggling his eyebrows.

    "Better go and clean your eyes. 'You're seeing something brewing'" I mimicked rolling my eyes. "Brewer ko" I said hissing.