Chapter 23 - Answers And Confrontations.

It's me again 😂❤️
Ready for some drama😏😌?
.
.
.
.
    "Come on" I say with a groan. "Were you sworn to secrecy or something? " I ask accusingly. "Chichi? " I call looking to her for answers. Currently, we were at my place and by we I mean Temi, Sophia, Chichi and I. We were all seated at the dining table.

     "Don't look at me" she says raising her hands in surrender. "She just told me she was pissed at you and it had something to do with Temi. It's Sophia that has all the juice" she says gesturing to her left at Sophia. They were seated side by side with me and Temi opposite them with Temi on my left.

      "Way to throw me under the bus" she says with a hiss.

     "Sophia" I call pleadingly she sighed.

     "Fine" she says and spills everything all the way from the root of the problem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "I don't get it" I exclaim after moments of silence.

    "Kemi...." Sophia starts.

      "Like I'm so confused" I interrupt with a frown.

      "We're friends but bro..." Chichi trails off.

       "Brooo" I reply in agreement like we had some sort of hidden message going on. We don't. "Temi, back me up here?" I ask turning to a Temi who looked so lost in thought. He probably wasn't even listening to anything we were saying.

     "Temi" I call again snapping my fingers in front of him.

     "So, you're telling me that that's the only problem? Is that even supposed to be considered a problem?" He asks with a scoff.

      "I'm confused too but we all just need to talk things out" I say ignoring his question.

      "I've got to go" he rushes and stands up to leave. "We'll talk about this later".

     "Temi" I call again but my only response was the soft thud of the front door closing. "Well, he's gone".

     Soon enough, Chichi and Sophia leave too and I was left in utter silence. I bounce my leg on the floor while I think of what to do. I mean, I only heard a side of the story. Only the side she wanted to tell Sophia and I believe in giving her the benefit of the doubt. I debate going over to her house.
Will she be home?
Will she want to see me?
Will I even be let in?
Worst of all, will she confirm or deny everything?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find myself staring up at the mansion belonging to the Nwafor's. I take a deep breath and ring the bell. Uncle Dayo is the one who answers. He looks at me frantically before responding like he's reading a script. 

      "She's not around today. She's been gone since morning" he says not even waiting for me to ask for her. Irrespective of the fact that Uncle Dayo was the security guard aka gateman, he speaks well which made me assume that he was a graduate but sadly, my country was no respecter of diploma's.

      "We both know she's in there, Uncle Dayo" I say pointing inside the compound.

       "She's not" he says shaking his head.

       "Please just tell her to come face me like a normal human being" I make sure to lay emphasis and raise my voice when saying the normal human being when I see one of the curtains upstairs move slightly. It was so slight you'd think I imagined it if not for the fact that I saw a head peak out from behind them.