Chapter 28 - Desserts And Charity Cases

Hey there😊
I hope Nicholas in the media is up to your standards as he's up to mine😂
Who's ready for a cute flirting session with Nicky boo😗😂? I am sha😂😂
Let's go🙂
.
.
.
.
    "Well..." Nick starts and turns to me. Both his hands are tucked inside his hoodie while he stares at me like I'm supposed to know what to do.

       "Did you know about their so 'subtle' way of leaving us alone?" I ask narrowing my eyes and pointing an accusing finger in his direction.

       "No but I can't say I'm complaining. I get to spend the day with you so it's all good" he replied with a shrug and I bite my lips to try not to smile.

          I clear my throat and avert my gaze. It's weird that we're still standing in front of the restaurant but it's weirder that he still wants to spend the day with me. Me. Even after seeing me scarf down a double cheeseburger like I'd been starved for days which is partly true since I sort of starved myself. It's making me wonder if he wants to or if my friends put him up to this. He's probably doing this against his will.

         I glance back up at Nick and my eyes jump from his Air Jordan's to his grey joggers with a matching hoodie and up to his face. He doesn't look like someone that could be forced to do anything at all.

         "Are you up for dessert?" He asks pulling me away from my thoughts.

         "Anytime" I literally squeal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

         I swing my legs back and forth as I happily munch on my slice of velvet cake with vanilla frosting topped with fresh strawberries. Yum. I should get one to go. Maybe even one for Kiiti go put me in his good graces.

        "Do you always smile when you take sugar?" Nick asks with a chuckle.

          "It's one of the secrets to my happiness" I reply with a smile. Nick and I have gotten go know each other in the past couple of minutes. I know that he met Isaac through his cousin and that Sophia met them a couple times at Isaac's place. I know that he goes to Westbrook international; the biggest school in the state. If you want to study out of Nigeria, you go to Westbrook. If you want to pursue a career in international affairs and be an ambassador or a high commissioner, then you should definitely attend Westbrook. According the social ladder of school hierarchy, Leading heights comes next then my school comes and then the mountaineers then blue fountain. Whoever comes after that, I don't know and I don't even want to know.

        He told me about his parents too. His mom is British but his dad is Igbo which explains the eyes and the hair I can't seem to get over.

        "I'll have to keep that in mind if I want to keep that smile constantly on your face" he says with a wink. I've lost count of how many times I've smiled or blushed about the little things he says but I think I just broke a record.

        "You're pretty determined. What makes you think you'll see me after today?" I ask with a teasing smirk taking a bite out of my cake.

        "I don't lose sight of pretty things and I always get what I want and right now, that's you"

          Okay, he can't possibly be serious right? Right??!!! I need a glass of cold water. This guy is literally making my mind a jumbled mess. He can't really mean that.

         "I'm not going to be one of your conquests, Nick" I say rolling my eyes.

        "Who said anything about you being a conquest?" he asks and I just freeze. So, joking or not joking. Luckily, he changed the topic to how vanilla is so much better than chocolate and I simply couldn't let such blasphemy slide.