9| Morning

ARABELLA

Neville rolls his eyes, "Don't give me that innocent look. You could have told me earlier." Disappointment is evident in his voice.

"Don't tell me you were expecting me to be a hinder in your job that I suggested you" he adds and my eyes go widened. Did I hear him indicating he has no problem with me living here?

I snap my head at Luca. What the hell did he just fill Neville's ears with?

"You can work here" Neville says and stands up, "And I'm assuming Elara has already informed you about the thing we are here for without any notice" he smiles at me.

I nod and walk to him to give him a tight hug, "Congratulations! I can already see you changing babies dirty pants" I let out laugh.

He laughs too, "Thanks, weirdo. Now we need to leave"

"What? Why? You just came here" I blurt, clueless.

"I've got some important work. Next time we are going to come here with full plans and enough time to explore this place" he says and I nod at him. I know very well how busy person he is, it was already so much for me to believe that he came here to tell me this news personally.

"Are you tired?" he asks Elara and she shakes her head, "We shall leave then"

"Julian will drop both of you at the airport. And once again, congratulations to you and your girlfriend" Luca says, smiling at Neville and Elara, making me think twice of his words.

"Thanks. It was nice meeting you" Elara puts on a soft smile on her lips. No. No. I told her not to fall for his sugar-coated words!

After a few minutes of more talking, they both left, leaving me and Luca alone facing each other in a heating battle. Not mentioning the small army he has surrounding us which doesn't even matter much unless they get permission to interrupt.

The corner of his lips lifts up.

"What did you say to him?" I question.

"Leave" he turns his head back just to let his acidic voice state making everybody move from here to their work.

A sudden question that what work they do here with hundreds of workers try indulging my mind, but I swipe it away. We already had a deal about me not interfering in his business.

"Boss, we've got them. Waiting for your next order" Fantino says to him from behind.

Luca's eyes don't leave mine while speaking to him, "Ask Gabriel to handle them to Cielo, I'll meet the special guest you brought, soon"

Only if he could talk this straightforward with me too...

"What did you say to him?" I repeat my question when Fantino left.

"I told him the truth" he says and I scoff.

"You told him what? That you believe I still want you? That I still fear falling for you? Or your illusion that I'm still not over your dick?!" I frown, "There surely would have happened a heated querelle then"

He smiles, "That should be the least of your concern. Whatever I told him is what gained me his trust, and you know very well too, he isn't somebody I can fuck around fooling. Not like I ever do those bullshits. So, stop worrying. Go ahead and sleep" he says and passes by me.

"Sleep?" my questioning voice makes him stop on his way, "Or you could just tell me why you did a background check on me?"

If these are not of my fucking concern, then I don't know what should be.